Warehouse Service Associate
Jersey Shore, NJ 1
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Warehouse Service Associate in Jersey Shore, NJ! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Tareyl Stewart at email@example.com and call him at 507.303.8177. Thanks!
The Warehouse Service Associate performs multiple functions related to product readiness for patient utilization on a wide range of rental and customer owned medical products. This position requires the work be performed at the service center but may involve work at the customer facility based upon schedule demands upon approval from Service Operations Manager or Service Operations Supervisor. Cleaning, disinfecting, operational function checks, and minor repairs of products will be expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned:
- Safety Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety awareness and compliance.
- Successfully complete all required safety and compliance learning modules on a timely basis.
- Complete medical testing in a timely manner.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S activities.
- Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds using appropriate processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedures
- Delivery & Removal, Ability to load, and unload wheeled medical products, weighing up to 1680 pounds, to and from customer accounts, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Ability to move and maneuver products within service centers, using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Ability to maneuver and secure products within truck beds, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Repair & Maintenance Ability to perform sweeping, mopping, and all other general housekeeping duties.
- Ability to troubleshoot and complete minor repairs to products to correct problems pertaining to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic features, unassisted.
- Ability to perform routine cleaning & maintenance procedures on various products.
- Ability to perform pre-installation maintenance, including preventive maintenance and before patient inspection and modification procedures on various products, unassisted
- Ability to visually, audibly, and manually inspect products for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic problems requiring adjustment or repair.
- Ability to utilize the appropriate tools in making required adjustments and repairs.
- Ability to monitor the readings of electronic meters and gauges.
- Flexibility Ability to adapt to a constantly changing daily schedule of activities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in order to plan and organize effectively to satisfy customer demands.
- Ability to endure high levels of stress caused by various customer demands, scheduling conflicts, and other factors beyond the control of the Warehouse Service Associate.
- Recordkeeping o Ability to complete written documents (records, reports, and forms) for internal, regulatory, and project documentation.
- Ability to read and comprehend (in English) technical bulletins pertaining to the repair and maintenance of products.
- Ability to navigate a various electronic devices (i.e. PC, smart phone, tablet, etc.), the Internet and other applications to obtain and enter information. Complete data analysis and interpretation as required. Supervisory responsibilities include: -This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Applicable technical or trade school training preferred
- Experience working with medical devices and/or FDA regulated products preferred
- Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
- Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Occasional overtime required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, analyze, and apply technical information including but not limited to technical manuals, technical bulletins, schematics, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills related to calculating/analyzing weights and measures, volume, distance, etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
- Please refer to the Physical Demands Supplement for complete physical requirements of this position
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing. Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex materials.
- Frequently works in environments were biohazards could be present. i.e. Hospitals, Service Centers, and Depots
- Must comply with infection control policies
Voca: The Spirit of Work