Transplant ICU RN - Travel or Local
9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Froedtert Hospital Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Transplant Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Milwaukee, WI!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-288-5260.
- Transplant ICU RNs use advanced skills to care for patients who are critically ill and at high risk for life-threatening health problems. ICU patients include but aren’t limited to heart attack, stroke, shock, severe trauma, or respiratory distress, multiple organ failure, sepsis, and other critical conditions. Because of the critical nature of the patients, it is standard that ICU RNs only have one or two patients on a shift. Patients are on very specialized equipment and multiple medications.
- The Transplant Intensive Care Unit is sometimes referred to as the Intensive Therapy Unit, Intensive Treatment Unit (ITU), or Critical Care Unit (CCU).
- The Registered Nurse is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing planning implementing and evaluating nursing care for an identified group of patients in an inpatient environment. This individual demonstrates competency in delivery of care to a primarily adult population. The Staff RN-Inpatient job description has incorporated essential functions which are adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice 2nd Edition (2010). Experience: Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to area of employment. Education: Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required. Licensure: Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact). American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required. American Heart Association (AHA) advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required.
- Must have recent telemetry experience. Will be required to pass an EKG test upon start. Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to area of employment.
- AHA ACLS - Required AHA BLS - Required Bachelors Degree in Nursing - Highly desired Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to area of employment. - Required Current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact). - Required
- Day Shift, 40 Hour work week.
- Additionally, 3x12hr nocs shift every other weekend 1900-0730
- ACLS - AHA
BLS - AHA
Registered Nurse License
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work