Telemetry RN - Travel or Local
1400 Madison Ave Mankato, MN 56001
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Telemetry (Tele) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Mankato, MN!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at email@example.com, 507-288-5260.
- Tele RNs typically care for patients coming out of the ICU or who have chronic health concerns requiring continuous monitoring of heart rhythms and heart and breathing rates. Telemetry nurses use different types of technology to monitor patients’ blood pressure, blood oxygen saturation, breathing patterns, and heart activity, among other things. They also record and interpret the data from the monitors and use it to assess a patient’s rate of recovery.
- Step Down (Stepdown)
- The definition of a step-down unit varies from place to place, but generally is an intermediate or progressive care unit. They can be primarily cardiac or not, but patients are usually on a monitor.
- Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
- PCU RNs care for patients who require close monitoring and frequent assessment, but are not unstable enough to require ICU care. PCU patients often receive complex medications that may require titration. Sometimes referred to as a a step-down RN.
- The PCU is also referred to as Cardiac Stepdown, Medical Stepdown, Neuro Stepdown, Surgical Stepdown and ER holding.
- Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU, IMC)
- The Adult Intermediate Care RN is responsible for managing the care of the adult and elderly patients experiencing severe, but usually non-life threatening, problems requiring moderately complex assessment, moderately intensive therapies and interventions, and moderate levels of nursing vigilance.
- Step Down (Stepdown)
- (Major Functions and Non-Essential Functions):
The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family. The RN will function within the Nursing Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN. The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts. The RN delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources. The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
- Minimum Education and/or Experience Required: (Education Requirements and Experience):
Student or Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program, as recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN- formerly NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). If graduated from a nursing program that was not accredited by ACEN or CCNE, at least one year of RN experience (within the last 5 years) in an applicable care setting is required. If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of RN experience in an applicable care setting is required.
- 12 hour day and night rotating shifts, every third weekend, please specify weekend on resume' OR every weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) 12 hour shifts day and night rotating shifts
- RN License
- Midwest: Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers- BCLS – certificate of course completion required and must not expire within 3 months after start date.
- Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work