Team Production Operator 2
7007 North 97th Circle Omaha, Nebraska 68122
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Team Production Operator II in Omaha, NE! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Tareyl Stewart at email@example.com and call him at 507.303.8177. Thanks!
The role of the Team Production Operator II is to ensure that assigned tasks are completed in order to meet client requirements. The incumbent is responsible for using shop paper instructions to complete manual tasks to plastic, and print / mail products in accordance to client instructions. This may include affixing tags to carriers, manually stuffing collateral into envelopes, preparing plastic and statements for mailing, pulling plastic and paper material from front and back stock warehouse locations. The incumbent may be required to operate / monitor equipment.
The incumbent may use a PC to interact with Information Management System to update the status of jobs. The position requires the incumbent to handle products containing private information; misuse or mishandling of this information may put our customers in a liability situation.
The Team Production Operators work in a team environment, which requires participation in team activities such as cross training, team meetings, and selecting and training new team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include any of the following tasks:
- Operate / monitor equipment – process work according to shop paper, department instructions, and/or client expectations to plastic and print mail product for mailing. Use shop paper instructions to pick plastic and paper collateral for jobs to be processed. May includes manually inserting collateral into envelopes, affixing tags to plastic carriers, stuffing mail into expedited mailing packages, feeding and unloading zip sort equipment.
- Update information management systems - use PC’s to interact with various information management systems for job instructions and to update the status of jobs.
- Troubleshoot Problems - resolve issues with unclear instructions from clients and various instruction tools that are used in day to day activities. Identify material issues and escalate as needed. Address quality and productivity issues with team-members and escalate to product owners.
- Perform Quality Checks – Inspect completed work using appropriate procedures and methods. Verify correct material using detail job instructions. Verify products in accordance with industry standards. Complete a visual inspection on up to 100,000 documents and 40,000 personalized products. Document required quality checks. Participate in problem resolution and root cause analysis. Investigate in client reported defects (internal and external) and assist with the implementation of revised procedures.
- Training - assist in the orientation and training of other employees. Participate in cross-training expectations to include certification and documentation.
- Safety - maintain clean work area in accordance with 5-S. Understand, interpret and abide by OSHA regulations. Identify and report any unsafe condition or activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Incumbent must be able to work in a high-value security controlled environment. Incumbent is responsible for providing service for over 1400 different clients and must ensure accuracy, cost effectiveness, and timeliness.
- Language: (Basic Skill) Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical: (Basic Skill) Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning: (Basic Skill) Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The incumbent must be able to make decisions using pre-established guidelines regarding:
- products meeting quality standards;
- resolution of minor machine problems and determining when a service technician is required; and
- adherence of guidelines to ensure correct shipment of accounts.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a “direct threat” to the health or safety of self or others.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Operation employees at all levels, service levels, clients, vendors, and upper management
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud (hearing protection required).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear.
- The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Voca: The Spirit of Work