620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas, Nevada 89106
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Surgical Technician professionals in Las Vegas, NV!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Job Description:Responsible for performing technical responsibilities relative to assisting operating surgeons with the instrumentation of surgical intervention Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/service appropriate to the age of the patient.
Position Specific Requirements:
- Performs responsibilities consistent with hospital safety policies. Knows and applies infection control policies and processes when handling and disposing of blood and body fluids.
- Pulls supplies for assigned surgical case. Opens surgical room. Present and scrubbed in room once patient is on the OR table.
- Arranges instruments according to routine for given procedures. Works as a member of the surgical team efficiently during the procedure.
- Handles instruments correctly and checks for proper working condition.
- Knows all basic set-ups assigned to scrub.
- Reviews physician individual preference cards and updates/maintains same.
- Ensures proper handling and identification of specimens.
- Knows proper aseptic technique an assists with table and room clean up following procedure and handles all contaminated articles and disposes of properly.
- Conducts per and post-op sponge, sharps and instrument counts with Registered Nurse assigned to room.
- Stocking and maintaining assigned “specialty areas” equipment and supplies. Participation in AORT
- Follows and complies with government departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Acts as an interdisciplinary team member. Meets assigned deadlines. Meets productivity guidelines.
- BLS (AHA ONLY) - Required Graduate of an approved OR Technical School or one year major Operating Room job experience. - Required.
- ORT job experience in major Operating Room may replace OR Technical School requirement.
- Required: 2 Years, good ortho exp
- Education:CST and OR Technical School
- Employees in positions involving patient charting and related functions, must possess competency in use of technology and computers.
- Makes suggestions/recommendations for improved operations to the department, facility. Effectively communicates both orally and in writing.
- Mon - Fri 12 hour rotational calls
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work