Sterile Processing Technician
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Portland, Oregon 97239
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Sterile Processing Technician professionals in Portland, OR! If you are interested please forward an updated resume to Kaley Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org and call directly at 347-293-2560
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
The Sterile Processing Technician II performs routine maintenance and preparation of instruments, supplies and equipment requiring decontamination and sterilization in a medical facility, as well as all duties performed by the Sterile Processing Technician I.
This is the second level of a three-level series. It is distinguished from the lower level by increased responsibility for the sterilization, assembly, and testing of medical equipment, supplies and instruments. It is distinguished from the higher level by closer supervision and less complex procedures.
- 5% - All duties assigned/performed by a Sterile Processing Technician I.
- 40% - Knowledge in regards to the handling and care of instrumentation, tray preparation, and special procedural items. Assembling all trays processed by the department. Use knowledge of sterilization and infection control principles to properly decontaminate instrumentation and equipment.
- 10% - Appropriately operate equipment including, but not limited to, cart washers, decontaminators, computers, ultrasonic, scanners, telephones, and photocopiers.
- 15% - Performs routine instrument and equipment quality checks.
- 15% - Dispense equipment & instrumentation, Restocking of Carts, Case Cart Picking, assists with Operating Room Turnover, Put aways (instruments, supplies, and equipment). Maintains Patient & Customer Focus.
- 5% - Assists with inservicing and orientation of staff, both new and those in assignment rotation. Provides guidance and is a resource for all Sterile Processing Technician I's.
- 5% - Maintain records, reports, and patient charges according to established procedures. Maintain a clean and neat work area.
- 5% - All other duties as assigned.
- Working Conditions:
- Rotate weekends, work various shifts, work with detergents, enzymes, germiside, and other related chemicals.
Physical Demands and Equipment Useage:
- Communicate clearly and appropriately.
- Ability to operate computers and job related equipment.
- Good Interpersonal and communications skills.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Push/Pull/Lift 50+ lbs
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CBSPD or IAHCSMM Certification Required
- Completion of an accredited Sterile Processing training program
- Experience as a Sterile Processing Technician in an acute care center with primary responsibility for instrumenation processing and sterilization
- Strong knowledge in tray assembly, decontamination, sterilization
- Experience in SPD - minimum of two years
- 7am – 3:30pm, Monday thru Friday
3pm – 11:30pm, Monday thru Friday
11pm – 7:30am,Monday thru Friday or 9pm - 7:30am
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work