Sterile Processing Tech
1925 Woodwinds Drive Woodbury, Minnesota 55125
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Sterile Processing Tech in Woodbury, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Kaley Fuller at email@example.com and call her at 347.293.2560. Thanks!
- Responsible for the accurate and timely cleaning, inspection, assembly, enclosure and sterilization of surgical and non-surgical instrumentation and equipment to meet customer and patient care needs. Performs manual decontamination to remove organic and inorganic materials from reusable surgical and non-surgical instruments and equipment.
- Performs manual decontamination and disinfection of patient care equipment (e.g. infusion and DVT devices) and carts, etc.
- Performs visual post-decontamination inspection of reusable surgical and non-surgical instruments and equipment to verify they are free of organic and inorganic materials, they are complete and they function properly.
- Assembles surgical and non-surgical instrument sets and equipment systems.
- Performs package enclosure, using peel pouches and rolls, sterile wrapping, rigid containment systems and other enclosure methods.
- Performs biological and chemical testing as appropriate for high-level disinfection and sterilization systems.
- Operates automated processing equipment such as instrument washers, sterilizers, biological incubators, heat sealers and other commonly used automated, non-automated and electronic equipment in sterile processing.
- Completes legal sterilization and high-level disinfection records, and other records, checklists and forms. Plans and coordinates owned and vendor-borrowed instruments for surgical procedures. Assembles surgical case carts. with sterile processed and sterile product supplies.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task. Sterile Processing Technician
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Critical Thinking: Gathers and integrates critical information, recognizing and addressing underlying assumptions of others, to arrive at effective solutions; breaks down problems into simple tasks or activities; analyzes relationships among several parts of a situation.
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
- Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Risk Analysis: Utilizing policies, procedures, and practices to minimize or eliminate unacceptable risk; application of qualitative or quantitative techniques to reduce uncertainty of outcomes, liabilities, or losses.
- Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution Description:
- Certified Register Central Service Tech (CRCST)
- CSPDT certification or CRCST certification required upon hire or within the first 24 months of employment.
Voca: The Spirit of Work