Staff RN Ambulatory Clinics
9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 55041
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Staff RN Ambulatory Clinics professionals in Milwaukee, WI!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Registered Nurse is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing planning implementing and evaluating care for an identified group of patients. This individual demonstrates competency in the delivery of care for a primarily adult population in the ambulatory speciality clinics. Responsibilities may include administering medications telephone triage providing patient and family education and coordination of complex patient care needs. Competencies for the Staff RN – Ambulatory Clinics may include but are not limited to telephone triage vascular access and phlebotomy care coordination and teachback methods point of care testing and procedure specific instruments and equipment needed for patient care.
- The Staff RN – Ambulatory Clinics job description is adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice 2nd Edition (2010) the AAACN Scope and Standards of Practice for Professional Telehealth Nursing 5th Edition (2011) and the AAACN Scope and Standards of Practice for Professional Ambulatory Care Nursing 8th Edition (2010). Other duties as assigned.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Two years of clinical nursing experience in a field that is applicable/acceptable to specific clinic is required. Able to utilize electronic health records and other technology necessary for setting. Able to perform focused or comprehensive nursing assessments in person or via telephone as applicable to specific practice setting and patient population. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care resolving patient care issues and working with patients and their families often during stressful situations.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required within 3 months of hire.
- Day shift 5x8s schedule Monday-Friday. This is a heavily phone triage position.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work