Staff Case Management RN - Travel or Local
9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Froedtert Hospital Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Case Management (Case Manager) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Milwaukee, WI! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Ashley Felten at email@example.com and call him at 952.303.8116. Thanks!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-288-5260.
- A staff case management nurse is a type of nurse that is instrumental in creating and implementing the treatment of patients in healthcare settings. These types of nurses often collaborate with other medical professionals, such as doctors, to help ensure that patients get the medical care that they need.
- Case managers ensure that ethical and legal issues are addressed. They also ensure that patients receive medically appropriate services. They need to be experts regarding public and private insurance reimbursement policies regarding healthcare. Case managers review charts and meet with other health care professionals to ensure that patients receive appropriate levels of care. They facilitate admission and discharge processes.
- The Registered Nurse is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing planning implementing and evaluating care for an identified group of patients. This individual demonstrates competency in the delivery of care for a primarily adult population in the ambulatory speciality clinics. Responsibilities may include administering medications telephone triage providing patient and family education and coordination of complex patient care needs. Competencies for the Staff RN – Ambulatory Clinics may include but are not limited to telephone triage vascular access and phlebotomy care coordination and teachback methods point of care testing and procedure specific instruments and equipment needed for patient care. The Staff RN – Ambulatory Clinics job description is adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice 2nd Edition (2010) the AAACN Scope and Standards of Practice for Professional Telehealth Nursing 5th Edition (2011) and the AAACN Scope and Standards of Practice for Professional Ambulatory Care Nursing 8th Edition (2010). Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of clinical nursing experience in a field that is applicable/acceptable to specific clinic is required.
- Able to utilize electronic health records and other technology necessary for setting.
- Able to perform focused or comprehensive nursing assessments in person or via telephone as applicable to specific practice setting and patient population.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care resolving patient care issues and working with patients and their families often during stressful situations.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- Navy blue pants
- Monday - Friday rotation of variable 1st shift hours. 8-430, 9-530, and 11-730. No Weekends. No Holidays
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required within 3 months of hire.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Registered Nurse License
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work