Senior Project Manager
1300 Santa Barbara S Santa Barbara, California 93101
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Senior Project Manager in Santa Barbara, CA! Any interested canidates contact Hunter Rommes at (404)585-5196 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead CDx New Product Development project teams from concept to post release with strong sense of urgency, utilizing company design control and product launch process.
- Be responsible for scoping the initial project plan, assembling the project teams, and controlling the project execution to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Serve as a direct and principle contact between pharma client teams and Agilent project stakeholders.
- Be a driven Project Manager with a steady focus on Scope Control, Schedule Updates, Budget tracking, and Risk Management throughout the life of the project.
- Be responsible for managing medium to large scale and moderately complex global cross-functional development projects.
- Lead weekly cross-functional project meetings with the internal team and joint project teams and maintain minutes and action items.
- Continuously gather feedback from all project team members to track progress and mitigate risk.
- Communicate timelines/milestones/risks on a regular basis to keep internal/external management, the project team and other stakeholders informed.
- Create and manage resource forecast plans, and work directly with line managers to communicate and agree to project staffing requirements.
- Track estimated project revenues and costs against defined metrics; proactively communicate deviations to relevant stakeholders, internal and external.
- Obtain partner approval and create appropriate customer billing requests to achieve revenue targets and cash flow expectations for the business.
- Manage assay production requests for clinical trials and/or internal development activities
- Effectively and proactively identify, document and communicate risks to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion to facilitate mitigation before they effect critical path.
- Expected to have sufficient knowledge and awareness of assay design and development to recognize when technical problems may exist and to identity and initiate corrective actions.
- Lead preparation and alignment of joint project governance body meetings; including but not limited to joint project team (JPT) and joint steering committee (JSC) meetings
- Establish and maintain project life cycle documentation
- Work collaboratively with external customers to ensure that Agilent and client interests are addressed in a balanced fashion
- Identify and document customer requests for work outside contracted scope and work with Agilent Business Development to re-scope plans
- Establish trust and work with integrity while motivating others to achieve the goals of the project
- Perform lessons learned on projects and make information available to other project teams
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System
- Ability to travel up to 15 travel days a year both domestic and international
- A Bachelor's degree in Science or Business, or similar with an understanding of the biological sciences; PMP certification a plus
- 8+ years leading cross-functional project teams in complex new product development projects without direct supervisory responsibilities as a project manager
- 5+ years in a regulated industry (such as medical devices, diagnostics, pharmaceutical or biotech industry)
- Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to balance and prioritize responsibilities in accordance with business and team needs
- Engagement in technical activities to ensure sound and effective solutions to design and development challenges
- Be highly detail oriented and organized
- Maintain team focus on quality while adhering to project timelines and goals
- Have knowledge of new product development process
- Experience with managing project scope while ensuring successful execution of project details including determining solutions in complex situations.
- Experience with managing large project budgets including cost/spend analysis and revenue forecasting
- Demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and remote meeting tools such as Web Ex, Live Meeting, etc.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong business acumen, negotiation and delegation skills, and effective ability to influence at all levels within the organization, across functions and locations
- Be a part of the future of Precision Medicine! Our mission is to improve the human condition by bringing the power of precision medicine to labs, partners and patients globally
- In the Companion Diagnostics Business (CDx), our team partners very closely with leading pharmaceutical companies to develop, manufacture and commercialize highly regulated medical devices which are critical for physicians to help select therapies for their patients.
- Become a part of a growing and dedicated team that does truly inspiring work in the field of Precision Medicine. Our employees are passionate about their contributions because there is a very direct connection to helping patients with cancer.
- Reporting to the Director of Program Management you will lead a cross-functional project team in a matrix organization located in the Carpinteria, California office; the center of excellence for the Companion Diagnostics division.
- In this exciting role you will have responsibility for ensuring our company is leading the way in companion diagnostic product development. You will be externally facing to pharmaceutical industry partners and internally facing to the CDx core project team. The successful person for this job will work closely with their global cross-functional project teams and external partners to ensure that the project objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget
Voca: The Spirit of Work