Senior Experience Designer
281 Summer Street Boston, Massachusetts 02109
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for Senior Experience Designer professionals in Boston, MA! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Jamie Brough at email@example.com and call him at 952.777.1834. Thanks!
Voca connects professionals in Finance with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Senior Experience Designer
Come help us redefine the future of HealthCare. At Edge’ we are on a mission to improve health outcomes for our seniors and helping them lead a fulfilling life. The Product & Experience team drives the product vision for our web, mobile and conversational AI digital presence with a strong focus on bringing new ideas to life and strive to create clear, beautiful, inclusive digital and physical experiences empowering our customers.
As an experience designer at the Edge you will be at the forefront of designing new products and services that break the mold of what healthcare is today. You will be at the heart of all we do. The Edge is a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges alongside thoughtful, intelligent teammates who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. It is a place that brings together doctors, clinical teams, product managers, engineers, designers and industry leaders to invent new experience that will allow seniors to live achieve their life purpose.
The Edge is a skunkworks organization that breaks down the barriers that often exist in larger organizations. Teams are small, nimble and focused on innovation rather than job description.
- Having a strong passion for and understanding of user-centered design processes, systemic thinking, and interaction design principles
- Create digital interactions across a range of challenges
- Distill complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the responsive web, and mobile app and conversational agents including voice
- Communicate your design concept ideas through sketches and wireframes and prototypes
- Construct interaction models, customer flows, ecosystem diagrams and taxonomy for products and services
- Work within an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback for interdisciplinary teams and customers
- Test your prototypes and designs with real users in the field working with researchers
- Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries for digital (think google material design)
- 7+ years of visual and user-centered design expertise
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Be both a visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement
- Familiarity with Jobs to be done methodology
- Ability to rapidly iterate, delivering wireframes, mocks, and prototypes which approximate the customer experience
- Expertise in design and systemic thinking and strong knowledge of interaction design principles and methodology
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Sketch, InVision, Miro and UX Pin, with an ability and openness to come up to speed with new emerging technologies quickly
- Expertise in creating, conducting, and analyzing usability evaluations Interactive prototyping skills
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Ability to influence senior leaders, peers, and diverse teams consisting of a multitude of perspectives
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Experience working with stakeholders to uncover functional, non-functional, data, usability and user experience requirements
- Maturity required to set ego aside and seek-out design suggestions from all stakeholders
- Passion for sharing information and helping others be successful
- Focused on team success rather than individual success
- Have a strong professional presence, be approachable, respectful, open, transparent and easy to work with – even in stressful, challenging situations
- Be flexible – able to change course when needed
- Have self-awareness, be comfortable receiving feedback, and work to continually improve
- Make complex things simple, even when in white space and confronted with unclear situations
- Possess excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with conversational interaction design and its related technologies (natural language understanding, speech recognition, dialog generation, and speech synthesis) is highly desirable.
- Experience designing and building solutions for HealthCare is a plus.
- Visual design skills a big plus.
- No need for a cover letter.
- This job is full time and based out of our Boston office. There may be travel from time to time to other offices or for customer research purposes.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work