Senior Business Analyst
3601 MN Dr. Minneapolis, Minnesota 55435
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Cindy McCool at email@example.com and call her at 952.303.8111 Thanks!
- As a Senior Business Analyst you will lead and participate in current state assessment, evaluates improvement opportunities and formulates future state approach. Devises or modifies systems processes and/or procedures to solve highly complex business problems. Defines business process and systems requirements. Prepares detailed documentation from which systems and applications will be implemented. Responsible for leading the analysis for all types of application projects. Provides direction on design solutions and functionality decisions. Aids in the development of user interfaces. Has a thorough understanding of business or function for which systems and applications will be designed. In addition, duties include instructing, directing and checking the work of other business analysts. May be expected to perform as a project manager for large and complex activities of systems and applications that align with the company's architecture and standards.
- Detailed requirements documentation from which systems and applications will be developed.
- Support for implementation as needed, including potential on-call support that may be outside of normal work hours.
- Business problems to logical flow diagrams for identifying improvement opportunities.
Devises or modifies systems and/or business procedures to solve complex problems to achieve desired results.
- For outlining thorough testing requirements of programs and business processes to ensure accuracy of a deficiency during and after implementation.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned, to assist IT management on other activities as necessary.
- Knowledgeable of current and new technology related to all aspects of information processing by researching technical materials, attending seminars and training classes and consulting with personnel from other industries.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of systems analysis and/or design.
- 5 ++ years’ experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, and instructional manuals. Ability to write reports and other varied business correspondence and present information effectively both written and oral.
- Strong analytical ability to devise systems and/or process solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and ability to lead projects.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology.
- Knowledge of business management concepts, techniques and functions.
- Must be able to work independently as well as a member of a team, as well as work with confidential material and information.
- Thorough knowledge of business process or function.
Voca: The Spirit of Work