500 Harvard St. SE, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Respirator Therapist professionals in Minneapolis, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing diagnostic and therapeutic services as prescribed by a physician for the outpatient Allergy Program.
- Follows defined treatment protocol according to department policies.
- Collects, assesses, interprets and intervenes as appropriate in the care of patients.
- Ensures patient welfare and safety standards during treatments.
- Assesses patient needs and identifies expected outcomes.
- Assesses patient condition (BP, temperature, heart rate, respiratory rate, rhythm interpretation, lung sounds).
- Assures all actions are based on scientific, ethical, or ecological principles; proven effectiveness; past experience; practice standards; patient/family requests and values; or legal parameters.
- Documents interventions according to practice guidelines.
- Responds appropriately to emergent situations.
- Evaluates care and the patient’s response to interventions and expected outcomes.
- Systematically and continuously evaluates patient progress; reports abnormalities to responsible RN.
- Reports all variances in procedure to the Supervisor, Manager.
- Reports to the Charge Nurse with variances in each nursing unit.
- Modifies the interventions based on patient response and changing patient condition.
- Involves the patient, family, and other health team members in evaluating care.
- Uses ongoing assessment data to revise patient needs, priority problems, outcomes and the plan of care.
- Prepares equipment
- Maintains appropriate respiratory care equipment stock levels to appropriate ordering mechanisms
- Practices and maintains all pertinent NFPA and JCAHO standards for proper safe handling of respiratory care equipment
- Makes round on all patients receiving respiratory care to ensure proper equipment operation in patient safety and acceptance.
- Provides diagnostic and therapeutic services as prescribed by a physician. These include treatments, ABG’s and Pulmonary Function Tests. Contacts physician for additional information when orders are incomplete.
- Operates and maintains all respiratory care equipment, especially life support sustaining equipment. Performs routine maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Reports all variances in procedure to the Supervisor/Director.
- Reports to the RN with variances in Critical Care.
- Participates in cardiac and respiratory arrests.
- Performs EKG’s and follows all EKG policies and procedures.
- Practices and maintains all pertinent NFPA and JCAHO standards for proper safe handling of respiratory care equipment.
- Follows complete cleaning procedures for the various pieces of respiratory care equipment and tubing, prepares equipment for SPD and gas sterilization.
- Maintains appropriate respiratory care equipment stock levels to appropriate ordering mechanisms.
- Registered through MN Board of Medical Practice (RCP)
- Credentialed through the National Board of Respiratory Care (CRT/RRT)
- Two years of hospital experience
- Associates Degree – Graduate of accredited school of Respiratory Care (CoARC or JRCRTE)
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work