Remote Engineer Expert
11011 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla, California 92037
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Remote Engineer Expert in La Jolla, CA! Interested candidates will reach out to Lukas Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org, direct line 952-303-8108.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in and experience with performing molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques. These include site-directed mutagenesis, molecular cloning, CRISPR/Cas9 design, qPCR and endpoint PCR, gel electrophoresis and nucleic acid purification. Prior experience in customer support would be a significant plus.
Provides remote online support, via phone or email, consisting of pre- and post-sales technical support for genomics products to external customers and internal personnel. This will include providing technical product information and literature as well as conducting remote reactive actions such as diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Provides information about Genomics products via telephone and email
- Troubleshoots customer issues of varying scope and complexity utilizing various resources including technical documents and training materials
- Documents customer interactions in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
- Escalates difficult or unusual issues to appropriate Agilent departments
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree or equivalent in relevant field(s), Biology, Biochemistry etc.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant lab experience
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with using genomics products and protocols
- A proven track record of designing, executing, analyzing, and troubleshooting laboratory experiments
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate professionally in both oral and written forms
- Capable of interpreting technical specifications
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical and process information in a clear and concise manner
- Able to follow and adhere to processes, procedures, and policies
- Demonstrates attention to detail when documenting processes
- Ability to prioritize and develop approaches to assignments
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Familiarity with Windows Office tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Available to work during normal daytime hours (7 a.m. - 4 p.m. or 8am – 5pm PST)
- Able to work in an office environment and at a desktop computer station
- Physically able to operate the instruments we support (PCR/QPCR, scanner: e.g. SureScanner, Aria Mx, SureCycler)