W180 N8085 Town Hall Road, Community Memorial Hospital Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin 53051
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Registration Specialist in Menomonee Falls, WI! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Zac Roberson at email@example.com and call him at 952-303-8132. Thanks!
- Establishes accounts with accurate demographic and financial information to produce a clean claim to the third party payor.
- Ensures that all compliance forms are appropriately completed and documented on the patient's account.
- Efficiently coordinates registrations of all patients.
- Front line staff is the first impression for the Hospital so excellent customer skills are required of the staff member. Other duties as assigned.
- Needs to consistently follow/adhere to the PE Customer Service Standards for internal and external customers.
- Must use AIDET.
- Must comply with departmental scripting of dialogue between the registrar and patients.
- Must answer multi-line phones with an appropriate greeting stating name of the department, name of the staff member, and use verbiage such as "how may I help you?"
- Utilize the hospital's standard methodology of LAST (Listen, Apologize, Solve, and Thanks) for problem resolution.
- Must multi-task, be responsive and be able to register patients, understand and be able to implement all patient registration and check-in workflows.
- If applicable, other duties such as scheduling and handling of patient valuables.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance verification applications utilized to perform all job functions.
- Must be able to interpret each system and select/enter the corresponding information into applicable system.
- Interrelates with and promptly responds to other hospital departments and staff such as: the Access Center, Procedural areas, Health Unit Coordinators, Case Management, Clinic staff, Bed Planners, Financial Counselors and other departments across the enterprise system.
- Supports the EPIC System scheduled and non-scheduled downtimes.
- Must have working knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial insurance, Worker Compensation programs, Unions and Managed Care/HMO insurances in order to accurately establish an account for electronic billing and to produce a clean claim for third party payors.
- Must know when to refer a patient to a Financial Counselor.
- Compliance: Understands, asks and documents the Medicare Secondary Payor Questions for all Medicare registrations in order to determine if Medicare is primary or secondary per CMS regulations. Explains the Medicare Rights to all inpatient Medicare patients, if applicable.
- Attends mandatory compliance in-services and/or completes assigned e-learnings to connect the role of Admitting/Registration with compliance issues.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all forms, requiring patient signatures and their purpose.
- Provides explanations about the forms and answers questions appropriately. This includes any visit-specific forms such as the Affiliate Agreement.
- 1-2 years office experience is required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and previous experience with a data entry system as normally acquired through one-year experience in a health care environment is preferred. 1-2 years of customer service experience preferred.
- Accurate data entry skills are critical.
- Interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills are necessary to appropriately interact with patients and/or family members in all situations.
- Epic Prelude Experience Preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1-2 years of college is preferred
2 PART TIME OPENINGS
1: 1:45pm - 9:45pm + every other weekend Shift
1:15pm - 9:15pm + every other weekend Example: 2 shifts A week, 3 shifts B week.
Manager will be flexible on which days they work *Workers will be in the Emergency Room of CMH and need to be comfortable with working with patients in that environment.