Registered Dietitian opportunity
6900 College Blvd. Overland Park, KS 66211
Voca has an immediate opening available for two Registered Dietitians in Overland Park, KS! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Jamie Brough at firstname.lastname@example.org and call him at 952 777 1834. Thanks!
- The Health Resources Guide’s primary responsibilities center around establishing trusting, supportive, collaborative relationships with seniors and their families and caregivers.
- They provide special services to seniors who are members of Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans.
- Health Resources Guides build relationships with members and consumers in a newly launched setting, embedded in Walgreens stores in the Kansas City metro area, working alongside customer service representatives, store management, clinical providers, and market leadership as part of a dynamic, collaborative and empathetic team.
- The Health Resources Guide is responsible for responding to, assessing and evaluating a member’s or consumer’s needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain their optimal wellness state by guiding members/consumers/families toward, and facilitating interaction with, appropriate resources.
- The Guide works together with partners inside and outside the store, including pharmacy and primary care clinic staff as well as community resources who can provide for social determinants of health needs.
- In addition, the Health Resources Guide has health education tools for 1x1 consultations with customers to meet their preventive and chronic care needs and to encourage them to take an active role in their health, make healthy lifestyle choices and adopt lifelong healthy behaviors.
- Assignment Capsule Reporting to the leader of the Kansas City Retail Centers, Health Resources Guides use their health education, clinical and social support knowledge, communication skills, and independent critical thinking skills to take on responsibilities associated with support customers’ health navigation needs
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with members, consumers and their families
- Learn to employ confidence-promoting techniques in communication and help inspire self-efficacy to better manage overall health and well-being
- Assess learning needs and motivate individuals to make healthy changes through all available interactions
- Consult with individuals on their health and wellness needs and provide available resources to them
- Learn about the chronic health conditions that span the local population in order to help members and consumers better understand their chronic conditions, why they matter, and how they can manage them
- Assist members and consumers in developing sustainable behaviors for wellness and prevention
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources to help eliminate barriers to care
- Collaborate with partners inside of store to facilitate additional educational opportunities
- Coach using an action-planning model based on motivational interviewing techniques
- Participate broadly in the daily operations of the Health Resources desk, such as: assisting with desk inquiries, ensuring general upkeep of the space, answering incoming phone calls, ensuring open and timely communication with Walgreens and/or Partners in Primary Care associates, etc.
- Learn core offering to contribute to and facilitate care navigation
- Comply with performance and reporting standards as defined
- Problem-solve and develop effective solutions within a fast-paced environment
- Organize and manage multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools
- Collaborate, build and maintain relationships with in-market associates and community partners
- Complete additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate by leadership
- Actively engage members, consumers and their families
- Capture relevant information
- Understand when and how to refer to pharmacy resources
- Understand when and how to refer to other clinical resources
- Bachelors in Health, Health Education, Nursing, Social Work, Education, Sociology, Psychology, Gerontology or related field OR Licensed Practice Nurse or related field with >5 years’ experience in effective delivery of Healthcare Education and/or Wellness programs (preferably with Seniors)
- Experience in a team-based service environment with exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and presentations skills and exceptional listening abilities
- Previous experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness teaching
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow up skills
- Compassionate, kind, empathetic and open-minded
- Intermediate to advanced technical knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel within market to assigned location(s)
- CHES certification, or the ability to obtain certification, based upon relevant education
- Bilingual is VERY desirable (Spanish)
Voca | Senior Recruiter
t 507 288 5260 d 952 777 1834
Voca: The Spirit of Work