RN Labor and Delivery - Travel or Local
9200 West Wisconsin Avenue Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Labor & Delivery (L&D) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Milwaukee, WI! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Ashley Felten at email@example.com and call her at 952.303.8116. Thanks!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-288-5260.
- Labor and Delivery RNs care for women when they are in labor and giving birth. They monitor and assess the mother and baby during this time and coach the women through labor. L&D RNs also assist the doctors during delivery.
- Some L&D RNs have a “high-risk” background and care for mothers with complex diseases and high-risk pregnancies, with conditions such as diabetes, preeclampsia (high blood pressure), and multiple gestation (prematurity, low birth weight, infant mortality).
- The PostPartum (PP, Post-Partum, Post Partum)/Mother Baby Unit is where the mother recovers from childbirth. She and the baby are usually there one to two days.
- The labor and delivery floor also has a nursery where the newborn is supervised while the mother rests.
- Some L&D RNs can work all of these areas and are referred to as LDRP RNs (Labor, Delivery, Recovery, Postpartum). Others specialize in one or the other or any multiple.
- The Registered Nurse is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing planning implementing and evaluating nursing care for an identified group of patients in an inpatient environment. This individual demonstrates competency in delivery of care to a primarily adult population. The Staff RN-Inpatient job description has incorporated essential functions which are adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice 2nd Edition (2010).
- Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to area of employment. Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact). Requires Electronic Fetal Monitoring certification through the National Certification Corporation(NCC) within 1 year of date of hire. American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required within 90 days of hire.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work