2450 Riverside Ave. Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454
Voca Health has immediate openings available for PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Minneapolis, MN!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you.
- Provides critical care to patients (adolescent to geriatric)
- Specialty Core Competencies/Performance Expectations:
- Provides care to critically ill adult patients with complex medical conditions which require close observation, monitoring and interventions.
- Uses the nursing process to provide care to critically ill patients with complex medical conditions such as: spinal surgery, congestive heart failure, acute lung injury, ARDS, sepsis and multi-system organ failure, mental health or chemical dependency illness.
- Collaborate with patient, family and healthcare team to develop and execute a plan of care that supports the physical and emotional needs of the critically ill adult patient.
- Provides effective and timely patient/family education related to treatment plan.
- Identifies and responds to subtle or rapid changes in patient status and anticipates potential events.
- Initiates timely interventions to prevent, correct, or minimize risk to the patient.
- Demonstrates ability to perform in a code situation following the ACLS guidelines.
Performs advanced monitoring using current technology
- Arterial lines
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Invasive and non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring
- Critically evaluates accuracy of data collected.
- Formulates nursing interventions based upon data obtained from patient monitoring
Manages complex medication and infusion therapies
- Safely administers the following medications and infusions guided by knowledge of the indications, contraindications, side effects, normal dosages and method of delivery.
- Paralytics, Sedatives and pain medications,
Vasoactives, Vasodilators, Thrombolytics, Antiarrthymics, Cytotoxic agents, Anticoagulants, Immunosuppressant’s, Fluid and electrolyte replacement, Insulin,
Blood products (FFP, Platelets, Cryo, Albumin).
- Adjusts the patient’s plan of care following the evaluation of patient’s response to the medication.
- Uses therapeutic communication skills and follows the parameters of the therapeutic relationship.
- Knowledge of the legal aspects of care for the mental ill patient.
- Knowledge and skills related to critical care
- Knowledge and skills related to ECG interpretation and management of dysrhythmias
- Knowledge and skills related to managing patients with invasive monitoring lines
- Knowledge and skills related to immosuppression therapy.
- Knowledge and skills related to care of intravenous cardiac medications
- Knowledge of safe handling of chemotherapy.
- Knowledge and skills related to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures performed on the unit.
- Knowledge of transitions in life planning
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge and skills related to equipment found on the unit.
- Required qualifications: AD. Minimum one year current medical surgical RN experience in a Hospital setting.
- Preferred qualifications: BSN. One year Emergency Department, pediatric or adult critical care experience. Certification by the American Association of Critical Care Nursing.
• Requires ability to provide written validation of current ACLS, BLSand current Minnesota RN License, CCRN certification preferred ACLS certification
Education Requirements: bsn preferred
Type of experience preferred: ICU, vent, titration of drips
Charting method/Computer applications : epic
Nurse to Patient Ratio/Volume of Work: 1:1
Typical Medications: propofol, precedex
Medication dispensing equipment: pyxis
Equipment Used: glucometer, vents, transfuser
Floating policy/Travel requirements: yes
- Critical Care Nursing
Voca: The Spirit of Work