Quality Assurance Specialist III
1921 Hurd Drive Irving, TX 75038
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Quality Assurance Specialist III in Irving, TX! Interested candidates will email their resume to Chad Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org and call 952-303-8107.
- Assures the quality of manufactured products and processes per standard operating processes (SOP'S) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Replace illegible/incorrect instrument stickers. Follow up on instrument calibrations to prevent testing delays, including communicating with instrument owners and fellow calibration technician for scheduling calibrations when necessary.
- Author/assist and submit calibrations by determining the calibration parameters and the accuracy ratios. Author/ assist and submit vendor service contract agreements.
- Participate in DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ activities with assistance from site Validation group.
- Reduce asset overhead by retiring or deactivating unnecessary/redundant instruments and removing from maintenance programs or calibration, functional test schedules.
- Identify replacement or new equipment purchase costs for capital investment decisions.
- BS degree and/or 5+ years equivalent experience
- Requires basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ASME Y14.5-1994).
- Capable of using hand-held inspection tools including; but not necessarily limited to; calipers; micrometers; height gages; and optical comparators; as well as any testers and fixtures that may be appropriate to perform those tasks.
- Applies an understanding of cable/harness assembly and printed circuit board assembly to perform visual and dimensional inspections.
- Performs inspection on printed material (e.g. Primary and Secondary labeling; manuals; print inserts; CD’s; etc.). Performs First Article Inspections. Has basic computer knowledge to be able to perform data entry; retrieving; tracking; and logging of data.
- Good understanding of engineering drawings.
- Interpersonal skills include ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner to peers; internal and external customers.
- Performs needed work activities with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to apply proper problem resolution skills.
- Accepts and rejects supplier lots based on inspection results.
Voca: The Spirit of Work