Product Quality Engineer
1225 Crescent Green Cary, North Carolina 27518
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Product Quality Engineer in Cary,NC! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Tareyl Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org and call him at 507.303.8177. Thanks!
The Product Quality Engineer (PQE) will work as part of the Remote Services Team (RST) within the Technical Support Department delivering software upgrades, network migrations, server virtual migrations, and value added services to Care Communications customers. The PQE provides advanced configuration and troubleshooting for all Care Communications products and infrastructure. The PQE, through the application of product expertise, implementation, troubleshooting, technical analysis, and a wide array of technical tools, advances product quality for internal and external customers by executing project plans and resolving issues that arise during those projects. The PQE develops and maintains deep hardware and software product expertise on Care Communications products in conjunction with Microsoft Windows Server and SQL platforms through periodic participation in activities such as Pre-Release Testing and Product Validation. The PQE participates in periodic field installations while staying current as product state evolves. The PQE acts as primary interface with customers for ongoing projects and live product issues and provides accountability for driving project timelines to successful conclusion. The PQE is also responsible for knowledge development within the Product Support team.
Schedules are comprised of normal business hours with occasional after hours work based on project needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Perform remote software implementations, migrations and upgrades on both new and live installations.
- Serve as key point of contact for projects for the Care Communications division product lines.
- Execute remote software upgrade projects efficiently and accurately.
- Provide technical leadership for remote and on-site resources for scheduled projects.
- Work with services management team to develop and deliver new value added remote services.
- Participate in technical system design discussions with customer IT, MIS or biomed departments, installation contractors, and other trades as required.
- Validate procedures and report on results to QA/RA as required for release testing and product training.
- Support technical writers in developing and reviewing technical documentation.
- Test and/or support installation of interfaces between Communications and Patient Safety systems and customer’s interfaces, such as ADT, PBX, hand held wireless systems, RTLS, voice interfaces, etc. Perform qualification of interfaces to new equipment and revisions to existing interfaces.
- Travel as needed to customer sites for on-site troubleshooting and system installation support.
- Maintains awareness of FDA requirements, clinical requirements, and operating procedures that affect the product in assignment areas and provides input on deficiencies in the product with regard to these standards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The education and experience requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT, computer, or business related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a technical support role providing onsite and/or remote service to end user clients.
- Up to date industry specific technical certification i.e. A+, N+, MCP, MCSA, etc.
- Demonstrated skill working with multiple generations of Windows Server Platforms and Linux OS.
- Prefer experience with database administration and infrastructure/design to include certification/training in Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with remote applications, MS Office, AutoCAD, Visio, etc.
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills, excellent verbal and written capabilities.
- Hands on experience configuring and reconstructing distributed systems in a live or laboratory environment.
- Experience with firewall devices a plus.
- Knowledge of VOIP and wireless technologies a plus.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills and ability to apply concepts of logic and scientific method in analyzing system behavior.
- 2-3 year minimum working experience in a technical product development, sustaining or support environment required. Health care industry a plus. Experience working in a FDA regulated environment a plus.
- Ability to follow quality control procedures in support of product commercialization.
- Desire to challenge processes and procedures in order to drive growth and efficiency
- Ability to ask probing, relevant questions that elicit useful evidence while demonstrating tact.
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization (both within Hospitals and with third party contractors) required.
- Possess a broad knowledge of corporate business practices, strategies and business objectives.
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment where team achievement supersedes individual achievement.
- Foundational or better knowledge in most of the following areas:
- Microsoft Server 2008R2/2012
- Microsoft SQL 2005/2008R2/2014 - Scripting/Reporting/Analytics
- Wireless - Enterprise level/managed networks
- IR & RF Principles o Networking (TCP/IP, Routing and Switching, Subnets, Security)
- Telephony (PBX/VOIP) o Middleware (Rhapsody, Emergin, Connexall, etc.)
Voca: The Spirit of Work