Process Design Writer
321 - 325 W Main Street Louisville, Kentucky 40202
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Process Design Writer in Louisville, KY! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Hunter Rommes at email@example.com and call him at (404)585-5196. Thanks!
Do you like to think outside the box and develop creative new ways to engage your audience using content? Do you like to get things done – ensuring that quality work is delivered on time every time? In the Process Design Writer role, you will work with a team of experts and help write new training manuals and standard operating procedure documents that are clear, concise, engaging, relevant, and consistent. Your expertise will ensure this content can be shared across channels and is usable and easily found. You will work closely with stakeholders from our Procurement organization and develop deep knowledge of tools, process and audience. Essentially, you will help create current-state process design documents and operating procedure content so that it can be leveraged to train others, look for improvements, and better understand the way we work today.
The Process Design Writer is part of the Enterprise Category Management organization at Humana. This team leads Strategic Sourcing and Category Management activities for the company’s indirect spend. Your key accountabilities are the timely creation of content, in alignment with content strategy and business goals. As the Process Design Writer, you will:
- Focus on creation of content that meets business requirements and is useful and relevant to targeted audiences
- Create content that is accurate, reusable, consistent in style and tone, and aligned with business objectives and goals
- Ensure that content is aligned with design and that all deliverables are in sync
- Assist with creation and maintenance of content standards, including library of common reusable content
- Work closely with other project team members and leads including process owners and SMEs
- Work collaboratively and cohesively across teams to gather information in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and reviews
- Possess the ability and confidence to negotiate diplomatically to build the most effective content
- Apply business expertise to assist in determining impacts to the organization, while consulting with process and business owners
- Excellent fact-gathering and writing ability, with proven record of accuracy and adherence to style and grammar
- Ability to interpret workflow processes either from side-by-side observation of SMEs.
- Knack for juggling several projects, managing time efficiently and prioritizing appropriately
- Passion for sharing information and helping others be successful
- Focused on team success rather than individual success Professionalism
- Approachable, respectful, open, transparent and easy to work with – even in stressful situations
- Ability to be self-aware, receive feedback and continually improve
- Ability to produce clarity when confronted with unclear situations Role Essentials
- At least 2-3 years of writing experience, or skill set that has required a HIGH attention to detail in process understanding and organization.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Proven expertise in grammar and style adherence
- Ability to be flexible in a very fluid and dynamic environment – including dealing with changing processes and priorities
- Must be extremely well-organized, capable of handling multiple details simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Conversant and comfortable with principles of process design, writing and editing
- Proficient with: Microsoft Office
Voca: The Spirit of Work