Procedural Care RN - Travel or Local
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road Portland, OR 97239
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Procedural Care (PCU) Specialty Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Portland, OR!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at email@example.com, 507-288-5260.
- We provide care for patients across the age continuum, ranging from infant to geriatric, who are having diagnostic and /or therapeutic procedures in the Cardiac Cath, Electrophysiology, Interventional Radiology/Neuroradiology, Gastrointestinal/Endoscopy, and General Radiology Labs, with the capability to provide cardiac monitoring to any of the above patients. The PCU recovers Blood Brain Barrier Disruptions (11B only) as well as General Anesthesia Recovery patients originating from any of the above listed procedural areas. Some procedures (TEE, Cardioversions, Bone Marrow Biopsies) are done on 11B, with the RNs administering moderate sedation for TEEs and managing recovering for all procedures done in the unit.
Specifics:Department Specific Working Conditions:
• Ability to stand up to 4 hours without sitting
• Ability to tolerate moving throughout entire shift.
• Fast paced, dynamic admit/recovery environment, with competing priorities and quick turn-over of patients.
• Must have the ability to apply and maintain manual pressure to femoral arterial and venous access sites for up to 35 minutes.
• Ability to tolerate a noisy environment
• Requires ability to push patient in a stretcher around corners throughout the shift.
• Requires the ability to ride the Arial tram throughout the day
• Requires the flexibility to stay focused and have your assignment changed several times throughout your shift
- Department Specific Requirements (competencies, equipment, certifications, etc.):
• Minimum of 2 years of Adult or Pediatric Critical Care, PACU, Procedural, or ED experience within the last 5 years.
• Excellent communication skills including active listening, the ability to engage with a diverse set of patient populations, and success with conflict management.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems.
• Ability to successfully navigate complex patient care coordination needs independently.
• Serve as a role model in supporting and promoting our vision and mission.
• Efficient time management to effectively move patients through the system.
Department Specific Preferences (competencies, certifications, etc.):
• At least 1 year Focused Pediatric Care (primary RN job/role in a pediatric care unit).
• Knowledge/experience related to arterial and venous femoral access/sheath removal/management.
• Knowledge/experience related to moderate/conscious sedation administration and recovery, as well as anesthesia recovery (Phase I/II). Knowledge/experience related to TEE/Cardioversion/BMBx procedures.
• Experience as a member of a Shared Governance council or committee.
• Experience as a Charge RN in a related setting (ICU, PACU, ED, Procedural Unit).
Shifts:The Procedural Care Unit consists of 3 care locations as follows:
- 3 Days/Week, 12 Hour shifts
- 1. 11B PCU: 21 bed unit; open Monday 0600-Saturday 1100, or until the last patient discharges on Saturday.
- 2. 11C Bay: 4 bay area; open Monday through Friday 0900-1730
- 3. Level 2 at CHH-2 (MSPU Pre/Post): 33 beds and a 4-position Discharge Lounge, open Monday through Friday 0630-2200.
- ACLS/BLS and PALS required prior to first day of work.
- Specialty Certification: CAPA, CPAN, CCRN
- Current, unencumbered Oregon RN license,BSN
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- 401(k) Program
- Insurance Options
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Programs
Voca: The Spirit of Work