Pediatrics Ambulatory Pulmonology RN - Travel or Local
700 SW Campus Dr Portland , Oregon 97239
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Pediatrics Ambulatory Pulmonology (Peds) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Portland, OR! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Kaley Fuller at email@example.com and call her at 347.293.2560. Thanks!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-288-5260.
- Pediatric nurses are similar to Med/Surg nurses in the wide variety of care they provide. Peds RNs specifically care for infants, children, and adolescents — mostly patients under eighteen years old.
Physical Demands & Equipment Usage:
- Constant exposure to usual hospital environmental conditions including possible exposure to blood and body fluids.
- The work environment carries risk of exposure to human tissue/fluids and radiation.
- Ability to lift, stand, sit, bend, stoop, reach, carry, push, pull and walk throughout the work period.
- Able to lift 35 lbs independently.
- Comply with the safe patient mobilization policy when lifting or positioning dependent patients, including using mechanical lifts and coordinating the assistance of other personnel.
- Must be able to use all senses: seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and speaking. Reasonable accommocations include corrective lenses and/or hearing aids.
- Must be able to deal with competing needs and priorities of internal and external customers, including making correct judgments regarding ensuring safe conditions for patients, families, and other personnel.
- Use of all hospital approved clinical equipment. Significant use of computers, copier, multi-line phones, and fax.
Department Title/Specific Working Conditions:
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Shared and collaborative office space
- Ability to alternate between various on and off campus work areas, depending on the practices’ space allocation, division of daily work activities, etc.
Department Specific Requirements (competencies, equipment, certifications, etc.):
- Successful completion of the National Certified Asthma Educator exam.
- Communication skills including fluency in oral and written English.
- Navigate information technology associated with the position.
- Use Electronic Health Record information and associated tools.
- Record, track and assign duties and processes to ensure appropriate billing and revenue generation, when applicable.
- Facilitate care coordination with other providers and services to complement Pediatric Pulmonology care and meet holistic needs of the patient and family.
- Current, unencumbered Oregon RN license
- Current BLS required at time of hire (American Heart Association, only).
Department Specific Preferences (competencies, certifications, etc.):
- National Certification as Asthma Educator, preferred.
- National Certification in a pediatric specific specialty, preferred.
- Experience working in Ambulatory Pediatric practice, preferred.
- Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work