5301 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara Santa Clara, CA 95051
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Paralegal in Santa Clara, CA! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Hunter Rommes at firstname.lastname@example.org and call him at (404)585-5196. Thanks!
- The Senior Paralegal, Employment Law provides support for the Employment Law team responsible for providing strategic labor and employment law advice in the Americas. This role will help assist with day-to-day employment matters, pre-litigation demands, administrative charges, and litigation. The detail-oriented person filling this position will be adept at maneuvering through large, multi-functional and complex organizations and will demonstrate the ability to foster a positive working relationship with their peers, other attorneys in the Legal Department, outside counsel and business partners. The position reports directly to the Senior Counsel, Americas Employment Law and is located at the Company's global headquarters in Santa Clara, California.
- Assist in-house counsel with labor and employment matters including company investigations and personnel-related issues
- Assist in-house and outside counsel with employment-related legal proceedings
- Assist employment attorneys with monitoring and reporting recent employment law trends to department and management
- Track and regularly report out to employment law team on status of administrative charges and employment litigation
- Serve as initial contact with clients on administrative matters to gather documents and information necessary to prepare written responses to administrative charges. Summarize information gathered for inside and outside counsel, if any, and work with HR to follow up on any additional information needed. Assist outside counsel with scheduling interviews and depositions as necessary
- Conduct necessary legal and/or business research and provide timely, clearly written and relevant information in response to legal inquiries.
- Draft form documents and templates, make recommendations regarding standardized and best practices to facilitate processes, procedures and policies.
- Oversee and manage research projects by outside firms to completion
- Assist in payment and tracking of vendor invoices in legal billing system
- Assist in electronic discovery process by creating and distributing legal holds, tracking legal holds and custodians as they change positions or leave the Company, assessing when holds can be lifted, in consultation with attorney supervisor, and communicating with hold recipients regarding status
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 + years of paralegal experience or equivalent - relevant experience working on an Employment Law team preferred
- Bachelor's degree - paralegal studies or similar field of study preferred
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a full-time work schedule with regular attendance at a minimum of 40 hours per week, with the ability to work extended hours, as needed
- Strong technical proficiency in Adobe, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and exposure to various applications, including HRIS, Case Management systems (Serengeti), Document Management software
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality legal services.
- Excellent time management skills to effectively support multiple legal professionals, manage a large volume of work and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Self-motivated, with the ability to meet and exceed position requirements under minimal direction and supervision
- Project a positive, professional image in all interactions with team members and business partners
- Ability to operate professionally, effectively, independently and ethically as an individual contributor and member of a team
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Provide superior customer service, demonstrating sound logic and judgment
- An agile and flexible thinker, with the ability to quickly learn about our company and its businesses
- An adept communicator, capable of distilling complex information into concise summaries supporting thoughtful, well-reasoned recommendations
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional service to business clients
- Demonstrated ability to work under high pressure conditions and to successfully handle urgent situations with patience and diplomacy
- Resourceful self-starter, results and success-oriented, with the ability to ensure timely follow-through by company employees
- A commitment to personal and professional growth, and receptivity to feedback
- Fun to work with coupled with a well-developed sense of humor
Voca: The Spirit of Work