Pain Management RN - Travel or Local
39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Main Management Specialty Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Rancho Mirage, CA!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-288-5260.
- The Pain Management Rounds Nurse performs clinical care activities and is responsible for the coordination of a specialty pain management service for patients, physicians, and other identified customers. Ability to ensure and act as a resource for the R.N. staff for the care and maintenance of epidural catheter.
- Consistently work with the pain management physicians on rounding of inpatients
- Facilitates initiatives for pain assessment and reassessment
- Acts as resource for staff in pain management care planning.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Performs physical assessment on patients in pain service.
- Develops plan of care based on assessment.
- Demonstrates implementation skills in accordance with EMH Standards of Care, policies, procedures, and Nurse Practice Act.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing and medical interventions.
- Demonstrates ability to change intervention strategies when expected outcomes not met.
Consistently documents in accordance with
EMH policies and procedures.
- Consistently administers medications and documents in compliance with medication administration policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in the operation of equipment specific to pain service.
- Provides accurate and precise reporting of patient condition and changes in a timely manner to physicians.
- Adheres to guidelines for internal transfer of patient care.
Qualifications:Proficiency in Epidural Catheters Preffered:
- • Rounds on each patient with epidural catheter to ensure that care is effective.
• Provides staff education as needed for procedures/epidural equipment.
• Gives bolus doses as ordered by physician.
• Assists with discontinuation of catheters.
Initiates discharge planning upon admission and throughout hospitalization in conjunction with Case Manager where appropriate.
Rounds on all pain patients to assist physicians and staff with the management of patients’ pain and does clinical data collection. Coordinates care with physician.
Participates in patient care conferences.
Performs pain management education to patients and staff.
- Mon- Fri. no call, no weekends, hours of operation 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
- BSn or MSN
- California RN license
- BLS, ACLS
- 1-2 years experience in the area of specialty
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- 401(k) Program
- Insurance Options
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Programs
Voca: The Spirit of Work