PACU RN - Travel or Local
2312 6th St S Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Minneapolis, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Kaley Fuller at email@example.com and call her at 347.293.2560. Thanks!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-288-5260.
- PACU RNs provide care to patients recovering from anesthesia. They monitor vital signs after surgery and stabilize the patient as they become conscious. They also help manage pain for the patients.
- There are two phases in the PACU.
- Phase I PACU is where patients are sent immediately after surgery. The average stay here is one hour. Patients are kept here until any breathing issues are remedied and vital signs are stabilized. Once pain is under control and they are mostly awake, they will be sent to another unit in the hospital to recover, or if they are an outpatient, they will go to Phase II PACU.
- Phase II PACU has patients rest in a chair, usually have a small snack and walk up and down the hallway. From here they are discharged and sent home. Some PACU RNs will also assist and prep the patient before surgery.
Provides pre and post anesthesia care to patients undergoing invasive procedures requiring anesthesia care.
- Identifies subtle changes in patient status and anticipates potential events.
- Initiates timely interventions to prevent, correct, or minimize risks to the patient.
- Collaborates with patient, family and healthcare team to develop and execute plan of care.
- Assumes accountability for coordinating and monitoring all aspects of care.
- Identifies emergent situations and initiates resuscitation measures as warranted.
Completes initial and ongoing assessments of Perianesthesia patients.
- Completes an initial patient assessment upon the patient’s arrival into the Perianesthesia area
- Completes a secondary systemic assessment of the patient
- Completes ongoing assessments according to the patient’s condition and UMMC Perioperative Services policy and ASPAN Guidelines.
Gathers information about the patient from and provides information to (but not limited to) the surgeon/resident, OR Nurse, the Anesthesiologist/Anesthetist, and the patient’s chart.
Reviews medications the patient has received.
- Receives report from appropriate caregivers
- Completes documentation for the Medication Reconciliation process as appropriate
Documents assessments according to patient condition and Perioperative Services policies
- Completes/reviews Pre-Procedure Checklists, PACU Record and Day Surgery Form as appropriate
- Utilizes information management systems in the Perianesthesia Department
Specialty education/experience requirements needed beyond minimum qualifications:
Previous perianesthesia experience preferred
PACU: 2 years ICU experience or comparable program
MA/DS: 2 years medical/surgical nursing. ICU experience preferred
ACLS and/or PALS certification preferred
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work