2545 Portland Avenue Minneapolis, MN 55404
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Nursing Assistant professionals in Minneapolis, MN! Interested candidates should forward a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Assists residents with personal cares based on individual plan of care:
- • Provides AM/PM cares
• Provides full bath/shower weekly
• Provides oral hygiene per care plan
• Provides nail care; shaving as appropriate
• Checks hearing aides; cleans eye glasses daily
• Assures that residents are clean, dry and dressed appropriately
• Provides off loading for residents
• Performs Restorative Nursing Programs per facility policy.
• Provides adequate nutrition & hydration (distributes meal trays, assists residents as needed, documents intake/output meal consumption, provides nourishment & water between meals as ordered)
• Assures individual toileting plan is followed
• Answers call lights promptlyObserves residents and reports status to appropriate staff:
• Receives report at the start of the shift
• Gives report to team leader at the end of the shift & PRN
• Notifies appropriate staff of any changes in a timely & appropriate manner (i.e. incidents, skin integrity, behavior changes, illness)
• Offers pertinent observations & input for documentation and care plan updates
• Utilizes Nursing Assistant Kardex or Care sheet
• Takes and documents weights as ordered
• Documents resident cares promptly in EHR
• Responds to emergency situations appropriately
• Handles resident and family complaints tactfully and refers concerns to appropriate staff members
• Follows Ebenezer policies and procedures
• Reports resident change of condition to Licensed Nurse
• Attends mandatory, annual, and any other educational opportunities on site.
Performs environmental and other responsibilities as assigned:
• Maintains order & cleanliness in resident rooms
• Maintains order & cleanliness in other work areas
• Reports malfunctioning equipment to Maintenance Department
• Assists with admissions, transfers & discharges as needed
• Answers phones with proper customer service etiquette
• Performs other duties as assigned and directed
QualificationsMinimum qualifications required to fulfill position responsibilities:
- High school diploma/GED
- Vocational/Technical Training or Associate Degree prefered not required.
- Nursing Assistant, registered with the MN Board of Nursing
- One to three years
- Technical skills including how to provide oral care, personal grooming, skin care, turning & re-positioning, nutrition & hydration, toileting.
- Proper body mechanics
- Infection control principles & practice
- Basic problem-solving and priority-setting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with residents, families, visitors & staff
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and teams
- Observation and documentation skills
- Knowledge of emergency procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with residents and families.
- Ability to navigate and accurately code in POC(EHR)
- Ability to assess what needs to be done and respond accordingly
- Time management skills
- Customer service etiquetteAbility to work as part of a team
- BLOCK SCHEDULE FLOAT TEAM- EVERY-OTHER WEEKEND- SPECIFIC LOCATIONS TBD. 8 HOUR OVERNIGHTS
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages