Network Services Manager
N74 W12501 Leatherwood Ct, Woodland Prime 400 Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin 53051
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Network Services Manager in Menomonee Falls, WI!
- As a Manager of Network Services, you will oversee all aspects of our network and wireless infrastructure. The manager will oversee a team of twenty four network engineers, a very large network consisting of Cisco switches, routers, access points as well as firewall security, monitoring and management. We are looking for a Manager with networking expertise and experience leading, developing, and delivering Cisco’s enterprise solutions.
• Implement and run Cisco’s enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability
• Introduce new Cisco technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services
• Provide networking domain expertise to other teams
• Maintain technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner
• Support of the Network, IP and related security services issues, resolve complex system and network issues and outages when needed
• Act as technical project manager by preparing project plans, interacting with other departments and directing IT resources as required
• Keep all documentation (including LAN/WAN drawings and equipment lists) accurate and current
• Industry watching, both direct or through a third party, to ensure the company is aware and educated on new technologies
• Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions
• Vendor and 3rd Party support and critical issues
• Works independently and exercises reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments
Interacts closely with peers and management across all functional teams
- • Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless AP and Controllers, IOS, NXOS, Load balancers, WAN accelerators, Content filters and Unified Communications
• Knowledge of IP security implementation, multi-vendor IPS, URL filtering
• Knowledge of MPLS, BGP & Internet Exchange Peering
• Knowledge of QoS
• Knowledge of Voice over IP
• Knowledge of Video over IP
• Knowledge of Multicast
• Knowledge of Network Management
• IP Network Design & troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of WLAN authentication, security and network management
• Experience crafting and deploying network solutions in enterprises environments
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
• Experience in deploying SNMP based monitoring solutions
• Experience in large corporate network rollout and support
• Experience in Large scale enterprise project management
• Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently setting own agendas and effectively prioritizing work
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
• Is a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work comfortably in varying levels of abstraction across business strategy, product strategy, high level technical design, detailed technical design and implementation.
• Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management.
• Demonstrates continuous improvement, quality methodology and project/operations delivery skills.
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Ability to depict technical information conceptually, logically and physically.
• Excellent communication skills across all levels; ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group.
• Strong customer management and negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of a technology solution.
• Ability to work flexible hours and be accessible 24/7/365.
- Required: o Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Information Science or Ten years relevant technical experience in Network Services and Cisco UC platform
o Major in Network Technologies
o CCIE (Collaboration, R/S, Data Center and/or Wireless)
Voca: The Spirit of Work