3303 SW Bond Ave Portland, Oregon 97239
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Medical Assistant professionals in Portland, OR!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- CLASS PURPOSE: The Medical Assistant assists care providers in the care and treatment of patients at a medical facility by performing simple procedures and treatments. Work is performed in various locations throughout a medical facility such as examination rooms and treatment rooms
CLASS DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: This is a single classification and not part of a series
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Patient Care. Assists in admission process by recording patients name, address, phone number, age, and other personal information; takes and records vital signs such as blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration rate, and temperature; makes appointment for patient or refers patient to medical staff for immediate examination or treatment; transports patient to examination or treatment room with use of wheelchair or gurney or assists patient to walk; assists patient in undressing; assists physician with treatment or examination by passing instruments, applying or removing bandages and dressings, holding patient in proper position for x-rays or electrocardiograph, or collecting specimens; gives enemas, administers oral or injectable medication under close supervision of physician; observes and reports changes in patient’s conditions; assists physician in emergency procedures such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation; assists physician in office surgeries.
2. Facility Maintenance. Removes used and un-sterile supplies and instruments from examination or treatment rooms; stocks rooms with sterile supplies and instruments; washes and sterilizes instruments or sends to central supply for sterilization; takes inventory of supplies, equipment, and instruments; orders supplies or requisitions them through unit superior.
3. Miscellaneous. Answers phones, and responds to non-medical questions; files and retrieves patient’s records; runs errands such as delivering specimens to labs, picking up x-rays or lab reports, or picking up medication at pharmacy; transports equipment such as oxygen tanks to other locations within facility.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant training program
- High school or equivalent
- Monday through Friday 0830-1700
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work