5777 E Mayo Blvd Phoenix, Arizona 85054
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Medical Assistant professionals in Phoenix, AZ! Interested candidates should forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct 347-293-2560
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Job Description:Reports to assigned immediate supervisor. Medical acts supervised by assigned physicians. Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary team members.
Position Overview: (Major Functions and Non-Essential Functions):
- The medical assistant performs assigned tasks of direct and indirect care in the ambulatory setting to meet the care needs of patients under the direct supervision of a physician (medical acts) or assigned supervisor. The medical assistant participates as a member of the health care team and accepts appropriate delegation from the RN or physician in meeting needs of the patient/family. The medical assistant performs assigned tasks in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care. The medical assistant carries out designated activities that are within those functions limited by law to unlicensed health care personnel.
QualificationsMinimum Education and/or Experience Required: (Education Requirements and Experience):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Graduate from a Medical Assistant diploma or associate degree program.
Additional Experience and/or Qualifications: (Has Achieved Competency in the Following Areas, Job Knowledge and Additional Considerations):
- If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of recent medical assistant experience working in an applicable setting. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Experience working in a team environment. Computer proficiency required, including prior experience with electronic medical record systems. Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and on-call. Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting.
- Medical Assistant certification or registration. In the event of no certification or registration and ineligibility to become certified or registered, an ABR-OE is required. Arizona and Florida - Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency. Midwest - Maintains current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs: American Heart Association; American Red Cross.
- Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm with the flexibility to meet department need.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages