Med/Surg Staff RN - Travel or Local
9200 West Wisconsin Avenue Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Medical/Surgical (Med/Surg) Staff Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Milwaikee, WI! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Ashley Felten at firstname.lastname@example.org and call him at 952.303.8116. Thanks!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at email@example.com, 507-288-5260.
- Medical Surgical care is a catch-all for patients who aren’t well enough to go home, but not sick enough to require specialized care. Nurses are involved in these MS activities: inserting Foley caths, NG tubes, starting IVs, changing wound dressings, passing meds.
- Patients on a M/S unit include post-op, diabetics, bariatric surgery patients, detox, psych, cancer, orthopedic, heart disease, emphysema.
- Med Surg is usually the last stop at a hospital before the patient is released.
- The Staff RN-Intraoperative is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for an identified group of patients in an intraoperative environment. This individual demonstrates competency in delivery of care to a primarily adult population. Responsibilities may include circulating, scrubbing, local monitoring and providing on-call coverage. Competencies for the Intraoperative Staff RN - Perioperative Services may include, but are not limited to, aseptic technique, positioning and prepping, instrument pre-cleaning/preparation, service line specific care and skills and procedure-specific instruments and equipment needed for patient care. The Staff RN-Perioperative job description has been adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition (2015) and the AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice (2016).
- Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to area of employment. Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact). Mandatory BLS certification within 90 days of hire.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- 3x12 PMs (1030-2300) Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- BLS - AHA, RN
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work