Med/Surg RN - Travel or Local
1025 Marsh St Mankato, Minnesota 56001
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Medical/Surgical (Med/Surg) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Mankato, MN!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at email@example.com, 507-288-5260.
- Medical Surgical care is a catch-all for patients who aren’t well enough to go home, but not sick enough to require specialized care. Nurses are involved in these MS activities: inserting Foley caths, NG tubes, starting IVs, changing wound dressings, passing meds.
- Patients on a M/S unit include post-op, diabetics, bariatric surgery patients, detox, psych, cancer, orthopedic, heart disease, emphysema.
- Med Surg is usually the last stop at a hospital before the patient is released.
- Position Overview: (Major Functions and Non-Essential Functions):
The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family. The RN will function within the Clinic Nursing Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN. The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts. The RN delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources. The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
- Minimum Education and/or Experience Required: (Education Requirements and Experience):
Student or Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program, as recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN- formerly NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). If graduated from a nursing program that was not accredited by ACEN or CCNE, at least one year of RN experience (within the last 5 years) in an applicable care setting is required. If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of RN experience in an applicable care setting is required.
- 12-hours day and night rotating shifts, every third weekend OR 12-hour shifts day and night rotating every weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Current RN license by applicable state requirements.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency.
- Midwest: Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers- BCLS – certificate of course completion required and must not expire within 3 months after start date.
- NIHSS preferred, Epic preferred
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work