Logistics Associate Supply Chain Manager
515 2nd St SW Rochester, MN 55902
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Logistics Associate Supply Chain Manager in Rochester, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Jon Burckhardt at email@example.com and call him at 507.216.8053.Thanks!
- This position will receive direction from SCM leadership. The individual works collaboratively in a team environment. The incumbent will also work collaboratively with physicians, allied health professionals, administrators, SCM staff, vendors and other individuals internal and external.
- Position Overview (Major Functions and Non-Essential Functions):
This position requires direct involvement with specific departments in support of accurate receiving, distribution, inventory control, transportation, records management, warehousing, and storage of products.
- Responsible for daily activities associated with the movement of materials throughout the Clinic with attention to standards for safety, security, and productivity.
- Has significant interaction with suppliers regarding expediting, returns, and solving invoice/receipt problems.
- Provides support for SCM - Logistics; handles a very high volume of incoming requests via phone, mail, and fax, from all levels of the Clinic staff; provides a point of contact from other SCM areas in order to resolve inquiries and problems; enlists appropriate SCM personnel for assistance, as needed; and works on special projects as assigned.
- Utilizes appropriate sources of information from multiple areas to research/resolve problem transactions related to Invoices not Received and Received not Invoiced.
- Researches/resolves specialty transactions that are derived from verbal or written requests, which may include but is not limited to researching aged items on proof of delivery, identification of shipping mode, and managing returns.
- Assists with distribution of medical products and services including controlled substances and hazardous materials.
- Utilizes a variety of reports to ensure data integrity in transactions including special handling instructions, expediting, critical orders, and routine fulfillment. Identifies possible trends causing processing delays; collaborates with affected individuals to implement long-term solutions.
- Sustains and complies with a broad range of policies and governmental regulations.
- Assists with projects as directed by SCM leadership. Other job-related duties as assigned by leadership.
NEW PAGERS The handling/processing of new pagers involves:
- 1) Obtaining quotes and assisting with placing orders
- 2) Receiving and unboxing
- 3) Labeling
- 4) Inserting a battery and turning them on
- 5) Scanning them and programming them into the Paging Admin system 6) Testing 7) Deploying 8) Other duties as assigned
RETURNED PAGERS The handling/processing of used returned pagers involves:
- 1) Cleaning
- 2) Assessment to determine if they can be reused:
- a. Check display
- b. Check button functions
- c. Check sound
- d. Check condition
- e. Label with identified problem
- 3) Un-assembly and re-assembly of pagers, repairing buttons, housing, sound, etc. through the use of tools, soldering, de-soldering, and spare parts.
- 4) Sending warrantied pagers in for repair – using a pc to track the pagers by serial number and completing the shipping paperwork.
- 5) Uninstalling/Installing pagers by programming them in the Paging Admin system.
- 6) Testing
- 7) Re-deploying
- 8) Parting out and recycling pagers that are no longer operable
- 9) Other duties as assigned
RF Responsibilities: Taking RF measurement readings with analyzer tools and documenting on blueprints.
- Minimum Education and/or Experience Required (Minimum Job Requirements, Education Requirements, Experience):
High School diploma/GED; AND, two (2) years' supply chain or business related experience required. Associate’s Degree plus one (1) year of experience will be considered as an equivalent.
- Additional Experience and/or Qualifications (Has Achieved Competency in the Following Areas, Job Knowledge and Additional Considerations):
Requires strong personal computer skills, communication skills, problem solving, continuous improvement and teaming skills. Serves as a resource on department and institutional initiatives; shares knowledge with customers and colleagues. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Assists with SCM continuous improvement initiatives. Ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere. Must be adaptable and flexible in an ever-changing work environment. Able to handle/prioritize tasks simultaneously. Basic understanding of accounting principles. Works as a team to provide support to all departments; works with other areas of SCM to ensure exceptional customer service. Ability to manage time to meet required deadlines.
- Licensure/Certification Required:
A small subset of employees may be asked to drive and a driver’s license would be required under those circumstances.
Voca: The Spirit of Work