Life Coach (part-time)
1025 Woodruff Road Greenville, South Carolina 29607
- We’re looking for opportunities to help the people we serve live their best lives on their terms. As a part of this effort, we are exploring the benefits of offering a life coaching program at a traveling outdoor café and senior center in the Upstate, SC area.
- The program consists of creating set motivational sessions for seniors where we’ll be helping them identify hurdles and develop strategies to accomplish their goals. We’re looking for someone to assist seniors in mapping out their goals, whether it’s pursuing a new job, volunteering opportunities, or other activities that give them positive energy.
- Based in Greenville, SC, but will travel to Anderson, SC and Spartanburg, SC on set weeks.
- 8 AM - 2 PM, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but can be flexible
- Assist individuals in establishing priorities, setting goals, and constructing concrete plans to achieve those goals. Help those individuals to work on the objectives and activities identified in their own unique plans, and monitor and support their progress, including handling setbacks.
- Independently execute a multi-channel follow-up within a developed framework.
- Coordinate and facilitate program sessions with the seniors that sign-up.
- Be an advocate for the individual, as well as empower them to advocate for themselves in pursuing their goals.
- Develop relationships and coordinate services with relevant community partners, e.g., Habitat for Humanity, Goodwill, United Way
- Track, measure, and evaluate progress throughout the program.
- Provide necessary adaptations to meet individual needs.
- Plan and participate in special events if needed.
- Must be a good listener who often asks open-ended questions to guide clients in the right direction, rather than simply telling them what to do.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with members, including being able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within the Center.
- The right candidate is authentic in their interactions with people of any age, and open when discussing topics of a personal nature.
- Important attributes include maintaining confidentiality, empathy, and a positive and professional attitude while offering support.
- Psychology, counseling, or social work licensure a plus.