610 Opperman Dr Eagan, MN 55123
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Legal Editor in Eagan, MN!
Job Description:KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 85% - Write legal practice area summary content with common legal issues/questions related to the practice areas as well as a variety of original legal information articles of interest to consumers for online publication, under the direction of a team lead and director of editorial, including, but not limited to:
- Writing general legal informational content for consumer audiences;
- Researching and accurately summarizing statutes and related legal content within a variety of legal practice areas;
- Potentially contacting Super Lawyers selected practicing attorneys to contribute practical information and quotes concerning issues of law and incorporating those insights into the consumer content/articles;
- Correcting content for style, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- 10% - Work with team lead, editors and/or director of editorial to develop a schedule of content creation/publication, and constantly refine and improve content creation style.
- 5% - Work with Super Lawyers partners to optimize content using best practices in tagging, keyword usage, headline creation, content optimization and basic SEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- JD a plus but not required with prior legal blog/writing experience
- Professional legal practice experience a plus, but not required
- Journalism and interviewing experience a plus, but not required
- Undergraduate degree or additional coursework in journalism, business, marketing, communications, or a related field a plus, but not required
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to write in a conversational tone and demonstrated ability to successfully write for the web, including experience writing for lay audiences
- Basic understanding of HTML and SEO
- Ability to work independently under deadline and self-motivate
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments from multiple editors
- Thrives in a “start up” working environment, but is keenly aware of the special responsibilities that come with writing for a major multi-national information company
- Has an interest in writing about legal topics for consumer audiences
- Is comfortable working under an editorial team lead and recognizes the importance of constructive criticism
- Works well in a team environment, embraces change and is highly adaptable
Voca: The Spirit of Work