Labor and Delivery RN - Travel or Local
2450 Riverside Ave. Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Labor & Delivery (L&D) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Minneapolis, MN!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at email@example.com, 507-288-5260.
- Labor and Delivery RNs care for women when they are in labor and giving birth. They monitor and assess the mother and baby during this time and coach the women through labor. L&D RNs also assist the doctors during delivery.
- Some L&D RNs have a “high-risk” background and care for mothers with complex diseases and high-risk pregnancies, with conditions such as diabetes, preeclampsia (high blood pressure), and multiple gestation (prematurity, low birth weight, infant mortality).
- The PostPartum (PP, Post-Partum, Post Partum)/Mother Baby Unit is where the mother recovers from childbirth. She and the baby are usually there one to two days.
- The labor and delivery floor also has a nursery where the newborn is supervised while the mother rests.
- Some L&D RNs can work all of these areas and are referred to as LDRP RNs (Labor, Delivery, Recovery, Postpartum). Others specialize in one or the other or any multiple.
- Provides nursing care to patients (infant, adolescent and adult).
Specialty Core Competencies/Performance Expectations
• Provides care, clinical assessment, and management of Low Risk and High Risk maternal and fetal population.
• Performs triage
- performs physical assessment of Newborns
- identifies maternal and fetal risk factors
• Provides fetal and uterine electronic monitoring assessment and documentation
- intervenes appropriately
- utilizes IUPC, IFSE, fetal oxymetry, interventions
• Provides care to antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum patients with complex medical conditions, including but not limited to:
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Insulin dependent diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
• Uses Pyxis and EPIC
• Ability to Circulate in the Operating Room and Recover in the PACU
•Minimum 1 yr experience as RN in hospital setting.
• Minimum one year experience on an L&D unit
• Supports a focus on the patient in all interactions with patients, families, visitors, and volunteers.
• Ability to perform as a team member.
• Attend a minimum of any 2 PP/NBN/L&D in-services per year.
• Knowledge and ability to utilize L&D equipment
• Knowledge and ability to perform environmental support duties
• Knowledge of documentation requirements.
• Orients patient to room and initiates data collection
• Maternal and infant VS
• Circulate and Recover in an OR and PACU setting
• Postpartum checks
• Knowledge of basic nursing principles.
• Provides comfort care and labor support
• Supports initial breastfeeding efforts
• IV starts
• Administration of medications
• Foley catheter insertion.
• Teaching skills, able to follow teaching plan as delegated by the RN
• Knowledge of transfer process.
• Collaborates with L&D RN and PP RN to facilitate seamless transfer of care
- 8 to 12 hour shift coverage
• Current Minnesota RN License
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work