Lab Processing Assistant
6201 Harry Hines BLVD Dallas, Texas 75390
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Lab Processing Assistant professionals in Dallas, TX! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Elizabth "Izzy" Merrill at email@example.com and call directly at 952-303-8123.Thanks!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Organizational Relationships:Responsible to and receives direction from the laboratory management team. Works cooperatively with co-workers, external clients, and all other Clinic staff.
- Position Overview (Major Functions and Non-Essential Functions): Performs pre-analytic specimen processing, operates a variety of laboratory and office equipment, enters information and test orders into the laboratory computer system and may respond to a high volume of phone calls seeking laboratory testing information. Is responsible for ensuring correct patient identification on specimens and documentation and resolution of pre-analytic specimen-related issues. They are an integral part of the laboratory team providing support in patient testing. May perform complex reagent preparation, manage work unit supply inventory, operate automated systems and provide training to others.
- Minimum Education and/or Experience Required (Minimum Job Requirements, Education Requirements, Experience): Associate's degree OR High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years work experience including clinical laboratory and/or other relevant experience.
Additional Experience and/or Qualifications (Has Achieved Competency in the Following Areas, Job Knowledge and Additional Considerations): Associate's degree in a health or science field preferred. Previous experience or knowledge of computers and keyboarding, telephone operations and other office equipment desired. Ability to accurately read specimen labels and work with numbers to prevent mislabeling. Must be organized, able to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment. Must possess good human relations skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, and weekend work assignments. Requires the ability to be attentive to details and to adhere to strict safety requirements for handling chemicals, reagents and infectious agents.
- 8 AM - 5 PM Monday - Friday
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work