210 2nd St SW Rochester, MN 55905
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Lab Assistant professionals in Rochester, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Jon Burckhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org and call him at 507.216.8053.Thanks!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Organizational Relationships: Is responsible to and receives direction from the laboratory management team. Works cooperatively with all the Clinic staff, external clients, students and visitors. Position Overview (Major Functions and Non-Essential Functions): The laboratory assistant is responsible for biological (e.g. blood, urine) specimen receipt, identification verification, processing and storage. The laboratory assistant is also responsible for performing a variety of clerical, processing, and other laboratory duties that include maintaining supply inventory, filing, stocking, receiving shipments, and cleaning. The laboratory assistant works with various computer information systems on a daily basis.
- Minimum Education and/or Experience Required (Minimum Job Requirements, Education Requirements, Experience): A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Additional Experience and/or Qualifications (Has Achieved Competency in the Following Areas, Job Knowledge and Additional Considerations): Knowledge of laboratory functions, medical terminology, a background in science and 1-2 years medical experience is preferred, but not required. Previous experience or knowledge of computers and keyboarding, telephone operations and other office equipment desired. Ability to accurately read specimen labels and work with numbers to prevent mislabeling. Must be organized, able to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment. Must possess good human relations skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, and weekend work assignments. Requires the ability to be attentive to details and to adhere to strict safety requirements for handling chemicals, reagents and infectious agents.
- Monday through Friday 7:00am to 4:30pm
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work