Human Resources Advisor
610 Opperman Dr Eagan, Minnesota 55123
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Human Resource Advisor in Eagan, MN!
- The primary focus of this role will be to manage Workday activity required for the success of Thomson Reuters acquisition and divestiture activity around the world. The successful candidate will be exposed to the basics of mergers and acquisitions and will gain an understanding of how an organization can structure itself to run a global business. The role will partner heavily with the members of the HR Operational Excellence team as well as the Global HR Solutions & Service Delivery team. This role regularly works with information that requires a high level of discretion and confidentiality. She/he will interact with TR’s HR staff around the world and will be exposed to the HR systems, processes, and operating mechanisms that are foundational for HR professionals. This temporary position will last for approximately three months.
- Manage global acquisitions focusing on the configuration of Workday, data gathering process and project management.
- Specific activity includes:
o Interacting with acquisition target companies (i.e., the businesses that TR is acquiring) to gather the information necessary to bring employees onto TR’s systems, benefits and payroll
o Creating project scope document to outline how Workday will be configured to accommodate a target company
o Understanding the requirements necessary to complete the work in a timely way
o Communicating with HR contacts globally to communicate requirements and deadlines
- Manage one-time mass load activity for deals
- Coordinate scheduling of mass loads by ensuring CR’s and SR’s are completed in QC and mass loads files loaded timely for processing
- Participate on project team calls to understand activity and coordinate plans to ensure successful completion of Workday activity
- Track and manage any follow-up activities necessary for the completion of a deal in Workday
- Maintain relationships with other stakeholders and partner to drive issues to resolution.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
- High school degree is required. A college degree with a focus on HR or HRIS systems is preferred.
• Must have at least 1-3 years of experience with Workday
• Knowledge of, and practical experience with, Workday is strongly preferred and includes knowledge of Workday configuration concept (i.e. Supervisory Organizations, Business Units, HR Mapping, and other Workday requirements)
• The ability to analyze and query data and generate basic reports, and learn quickly, is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Strong technical skills, including the ability to manipulate complex data in Excel is essential. The ability to create and edit presentation information in PowerPoint is preferred.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills are required.
• Prior HR or customer service experience a plus.
• An awareness of basic project management techniques and some relevant experience are required.
• Sound problem solving ability
• Able to prioritize competing priorities effectively and efficiently.
• Excellent customer service orientation.
• Exercise sound judgement.
• A self-starter who thinks creatively, works independently, ability to multi-task, responds quickly, and manages deadlines in a dynamic environment will be successful in this role
• Regularly works with information that requires a high level of discretion and confidentiality
Voca: The Spirit of Work