HIM Application Analyst
N74 W12501 Leatherwood Ct Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin 53051
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for HIM Application Analyst professionals in Menomonee Falls, WI!
Voca connects professionals in Finance with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The HIM Application Analyst utilizes his/her knowledge of the business requirements, application capabilities and his/her technical skills to implement and support the applications used in the corporate HIM Department. This may include, but is not limited to, Epic, 3M, Affinity (QuadraMed), Eclipsys, and OnBase. The analyst is responsible for configuration, implementation, go-live support, administration, maintenance, upgrades, modifications and ongoing user support of assigned applications. The Application Analyst supports the integrity of the electronic health record/legal health record, supports the appropriate use of systems throughout the organization and acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for HIM Department applications. Other duties as assigned. Provides analytical support of HIM applications to support business strategies. Evaluates operational workflows and determines the need for process changes and/or application modifications.
Documents business and application processes/workflows. Conducts system analysis. Creates application specifications from system analysis and user requirements. Designs and performs application build and maintenance for system implementations, upgrades and optimization according to corporate HIM and/or enterprise policy and procedure. Documents build on appropriate build tracker. Creates and documents test scripts; tests new applications, versions, upgrades and application modifications according to documented test scripts; documents all outcomes of testing.Participates in conversion and go-live planning and execution; develops training materials and provide training as needed.
Submits data courier requests to move build into the production environment according to policy and procedure. Provides application support for go-lives, and provides ongoing application support.
Applies HIM knowledge to application processes and manipulation of data to ensure successful completion of transactions through the application.
Analyzes data, and identifies and reports trends, issues or opportunities to improve overall system performance. Triages issues and works tickets in Remedy daily. Escalates issues per corporate HIM department guidelines; logs Sherlock issues per department guidelines; follows issues/Sherlocks through to resolution. Participates on teams as requested. Works with other departments in the implementation of new applications, enhancements and required maintenance; acts as a liaison to clearly communicate corporate HIM requirements and priorities, and identifies application/technical specifications and interface requirements/priorities, to appropriate IT teams, vendors and hospital/clinic departments; resolves and/or escalates issues where applicable. Evaluates Special Updates and Release Authorizations (SURA) applicable to assigned applications and as assigned. Provides recommendations for accepting or declining of updates and authorizations, and recommendations for timing of accepted updates and recommendations. Completes assessment, build, and testing and documentation for automatic and optional Special Updates and Release Authorizations as needed. Develops user friendly training materials, provides training, submits data courier requests and provides support for automatic and optional Special Updates and Release Authorizations.
Manages multiple projects simultaneously and provides timely updates to corporate HIM leadership regarding timeline and status of projects.
Maintains master files and associated tables for HIM applications in test and production environments. Participates in on-call rotation and other team activities. Performs cross functional tasks and assists with other duties as assigned by corporate HIM management. Assists with special projects and other miscellaneous tasks as requested by the management team. Answers phone calls and provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers with appropriate phone etiquette.
- Two to four years experience in HIM, HIM coding and/or hospital billing or a system analyst role is required. Knowledge of electronic medical records (e.g. EPIC) and HIM best practices; knowledge of medical terminology; information technology background; familiar with federal & state regulatory requirements, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) standards and Joint Commission standards; familiar with business software including Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.; must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; analytical and logical approach to solving problems; able to work professionally and collaboratively in a team environment; able to work independently.
- Epic certification required.
- Associate degree in Health Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
- In lieu of degree, equivalent education and/or experience in HIM, coding or hospital billing may be substituted.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or coding credentials as recognized by AHIMA is preferred. Obtains and maintains system Epic certification as required.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work