Field Operations Supervisor
Rochester, Minnesota 55902
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Field Operations Supervisor in Rochester, MN!
- What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Company paid logo attire/uniform
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Cell phone allowance
- Tuition paid assistance in our Techsellence Program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
- Job Summary:
- Position is responsible for managing all outside field operations in the assigned geographic area ensuring the efficient and timely completion of customer fulfillment requests for premise installation and repair. The Field Operations Supervisor also supports the video engineering and facilities engineering departments with hub site maintenance activities.
- What you will be doing:
- Oversee the selection, hiring, and career development of all field technicians
- Help establish and maintain a standard for equipping technicians with tools and test sets
- Manage the company tools and test set inventory and quickly address ‘loss’ issues
- Help develop a supporting training and skills development curriculum for both new hires and existing employee and maintain its currency
- Manage workplace safety and provide safety training to employees as required
- Manage both the productivity and quality of work down to the individual employee level
- Assure that all technicians exhibit a ‘customer friendly’ attitude promoting commitment “to serve with passion” and deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Monitor quality control of installation work – conducts on-site QC surveys for compliance with installation standards and tracks QC compliance of individual technicians as well as generating monthly compliance reports
- Resolve customer complaints – investigates service and damage complaints and takes appropriate action to resolve the complaint
- Procure and coordinate installation activities of contractors as needed to meet work flow requirements
- Develop and maintain a district out-of-hours call out schedule
- Provide support to the video engineering and facilities engineering departments with the planning and maintenance functions for hub sites
- Assist the video and network engineering teams with the planning of all hub sites in terms of advising as to their location, size, exterior appearance, and internal layout.
- Support the monitoring and maintenance of all hub site electronics and peripheral systems
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment failures and service affecting problems
- Rapidly respond to any security or equipment alarms
- Support Outside Plant with repair and maintenance activities
- Work with OSP manager to develop OSP preventative maintenance routines to minimize potential outages
- Provide assistance as needed with OSP repair and restoration activities.
- Review all underground plant locate requests for facilities and ensures accurate locating of subject facilities are completed timely.
- Ensure OSHA, NESC, NEC, and safety regulations and precautions are followed for all work activities
- Keep up-to-date with FCC and other regulatory requirements and standards
- Support storefront manager with local utility relations
- Knowledge of cable franchise management
- Knowledge of economic development
- Public safety relations
- Provide the leadership, policies, and systems necessary to encourage individual employee performance accountability for the following:
- Manage personal and vehicle safety
- Provide productivity and work quality
- Maintain punctual attendance
- Manage vehicle inventory, tools, test set utilization
- The associate may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws
- Proven outside plant construction knowledge
- Prior hands-on experience with the installation and maintenance of customer inside wire
- To support field personnel in 2nd tier technical support circumstances, the ability to use a spectrum analyzer ,OTDR, and other fault diagnosis tools
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Naturally model respect for others by listening well, encouraging others, and promptly returning phone calls/e-mails
- Ability to keep commitments to customers, suppliers, and other team members
- An orientation to problem solving with facts and drive for common goals and priorities to leverage diversity of opinion
- High School Diploma or better
Voca: The Spirit of Work