W180 N8085 Town Hall Road Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Environmental Services in Menomonee Falls, WI! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Ashley Felten at firstname.lastname@example.org and call her at 952.303.8116. Thanks!
- An Environmental Services Housekeeper plays a vital role to ensure every patient family member and staff person has a clean safe and sanitized environment for healing and exceptional patient care. A Housekeeper plans out day with supplies manages time prioritizes high need tasks adjusts and adapts workflow depending on the needs of the hospital. Performs daily cleaning and sanitation of patient rooms office spaces public spaces etc. Performs cleaning in a manner that meets or exceeds hospital cleaning standards as outlined in the on the job training provided. Collaborates and builds relationships with coworkers leaders staff patients and families. Interacts with coworkers leaders staff patients and families in a professional manner. Communicates needs for assigned areas to attendants nurses leaders and other housekeepers as needed. The work tempo of the work day can fluctuate depending on the hospital needs. Requires frequent housekeeper movement and transport of items throughout the hospital. Other duties as assigned depending on hospital and patient needs.
- One year of housekeeping/cleaning experience is required.
- Excellent customer service skills with a friendly helpful attitude.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate with others in a professional manner
- Meets expectations of cleaning needs in an active work environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing daily needs based on hospital needs.
- Demonstrates initiative in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to use a computer to perform essential functions of the position (including EPIC Microsoft Outlook etc.)
- Ability to use communication device such as pager vocera etc.
- Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods
- Dusts horizontal surfaces; Empties wastebaskets and removes trash; Damp wipes and cleans all furniture; Cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms; Dries and wet mops floors of rooms offices and corridors.
- Spot cleans walls windows and polishes metal surfaces; Replenishes room supplies gloves dispensers; Cleans discharge units makes beds restocks utensils and supplies; Cleans kitchens and center areas; Cleans and restocks guest rooms
- Makes beds in sleep over rooms; Vacuums carpets and upholstered furniture; Collects and seals biohazards from patient areas; Empties and relines linen hampers; Replenishes dispensers.
- Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness and has repairs made when needed.
- Observes and reports the need for repairs to hospital equipment furniture building and fixtures.
- Performs duties as assigned in case of fire internal disaster or community disaster.
- Reports needed spill cleanup and stains on carpet.
- Initiates and assists in providing information or education to customers/patients.
- Excellent customer service skills with a friendly helpful attitude. Works well in a team environment. Ability to communicate with others in a professional manner. Meets expectations of cleaning needs in an active work environment. Ability to adapt to changing daily needs based on hospital needs. Demonstrates initiative in critical thinking and problem solving. Ability to use a computer or other technology to perform essential functions of the position (including pager email internet etc.)
Voca: The Spirit of Work