ER RN - Travel or Local
1000 1st Dr NW Austin, MN Austin
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Emergency Room (ER)/Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Austin, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Jon Burckhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org and call him at 507.216.8053.Thanks!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to email@example.com, or 507-288-5260.
- ER RNs specialize in rapid response to medical emergencies and are usually the first line of defense for patients. Patients usually come to the ER with allergic reactions, injuries resulting from car accidents, broken bones, COPD, CHF, chest pains, abdominal pains, and other critical health issues. Patients are either treated and released or sent to other areas of the hospital for treatment.
- The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family. The RN will function within the Clinic Nursing Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN. The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts. The RN delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources. The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
- Minimum Education and/or Experience Required: (Education Requirements and Experience):
Student or Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program, as recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN- formerly NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). If graduated from a nursing program that was not accredited by ACEN or CCNE, at least one year of RN experience (within the last 5 years) in an applicable care setting is required.
- Rotating shifts 8 and 12 hrs
12 hr weekends-- 2 per 6 week schedule 36 hour work week.
- Current RN license by applicable state requirements.
- Midwest: Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers- BCLS – certificate of course completion required and must not expire within 3 months after start date. A scanned copy of the certificate of completion or transcripts, including your full name, must be attached to your profile to be considered.
- Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area
- CEN Preferred
- TNCC Required
- ACLS Required
- PALS Required
- NON Violent Crisis Intervention Preferred
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses