Digital Accessibility Specialist
610 Opperman Dr Eagan, Minnesota 55123
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for Digital Accessibility Specialist professionals in Egan, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Kaley Fuller at email@example.com and call her at .347.293.2560. Thanks!
Voca connects professionals in Finance with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
We are seeking a Digital Accessibility Specialist to support the our Digital Team. This position will report under the Accessibility team within UX and will directly support Digital Team project efforts as an embedded resource. In this role you will be helping to ensure that all customers can access and use our products. You will help develop guidelines, work with the team to influence WCAG standards, evaluate and provide accessible solutions for web based and mobile products, as well as assist in educating and promoting the practice of building products with accessibility in mind, including using accessibility tools and techniques.
We are looking for curious, smart, self-driven product, UX, UI and research professionals who love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users’ needs. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of transformational efforts as we work together to deliver on the promise of making it easy to do business.
Our company participates in the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium), which creates the standards for the web, including accessibility standards. The UX Accessibility team participates in the WCAG working group (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), which is part of the W3C. You will have the unique opportunity to be a thought leader in cutting edge evolution of accessibility standards.
- BA/BS in information science, information design, computer science, human computer interaction (HCI), instructional design, quality assurance, learning technology, assistive technology, related field or equivalent industry training / experience.
- Experience conducting accessibility evaluations and usability testing for accessibility.
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and specifications, minimally must be fluent in WCAG 2.0 guidelines. Helpful to know WAI-ARIA, UAAG, and ATAG specifications.
- Knowledge of assistive technologies and accessibility-related software including JAWS®, NVDA, VoiceOver, Window-Eyes, ZoomText, MAGic®, Dragon® NaturallySpeaking or other speech recognition software.
- 3+ years working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative development environment with experience in large, complex software or web applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively both with diverse teams and independently.
- Be capable of conducting comprehensive accessibility testing with assistance against the WCAG 2.0 (AA) Success Criteria and the updated Section 508 federal requirements using the following methodologies: visual analysis; screen reader reviews; color sampling; keyboard only; gesture only; and code reviews
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and tools.
- Familiarity with Agile development practices.
- Ability to provide implementation directions and requirements for UX Design and Front End Development teams.
- Knowledge regarding how to format PDFs to be accessible.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Interact with and provide direction to technology, content, and product development teams.
- Cooperate with other departments to ensure consistency and quality across the platform.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work