Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
1925 Woodwinds Drive, WW Woodbury, Minnesota 55125
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Diagnostic Medical Sonographer professionals in Woodbury, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Performs a wide variety of thorough, diagnostic ultrasound exams.
- Educates patients prior to and throughout their ultrasound exam. Ensures all patient questions are answered and focuses on minimizing patient anxiety.
- Prepares for exams prior to patient's arrival. This includes reading the provider s order, reviewing pertinent medical history, consulting with clinician or radiologist, preparing paperwork and gathering supplies.
- Facilitates the performance of interventional procedures such as reading the provider s order, gathering medical history, coordinating care with other departments, setting up correct equipment and supplies, using proper sterile technique and communicating appropriately with performing physician.
- Makes quick and patient focused decisions in times of high patient volume and rapid change.
- Keeps patient environment and work space clean and organized, which includes stocking linen and supplies in an organized and timely manner.
- Completes requisitions and charges for supplies in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring our patients receive prompt diagnosis and care.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Proficiency in breast, general, interventional, OB and vascular ultrasound preferred. Reports To: SUPERVISOR RADIOLOGY SUPPORT SERVICES 398 Direction of Others: None
- Essential: Assessment, Planning
- Evaluation: Collects and analyses pertinent data and/or clinical findings. Incorporates clinical findings and scientific evidence in the development, coordination and implementation of an individualized plan of care to achieve desired outcomes. Evaluates progress towards goals and outcomes identifying opportunities for improvement and change.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Patient Education: Provides patient educational information appropriate to the developmental level, learning needs, readiness, cultural values, and beliefs of patients and families.
- Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
- Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Technical Writing: Ability to write technical information in a clear and concise manner and to be able to convey information appropriately for a variety of audiences.
- Associate's Degree Associate's degree from an accredited school of Diagnostic Medical
- Sonography Essential: Description: Basic Life Support (BLS) Qualification Source: American
- Heart Association Description: Registered Diagnostic Med Sonographer (RDMS)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography Description - Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) Qualification.
- RDMS to be achieved within one year of hire.
- RVT to be achieved within one year of hire or by January 1, 2018, whichever date is later Diagnostic Experience: 1 year of hospital based experience preferred.Registered Diagnostic Med Sonographer (RDMS)
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- 40 hrs per week; day, evening, weekend & call rotation
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work