Design Technician II
100 2nd St SW Rochester, Minnesota 55902
Reports to Facilities Services (FS) Design Manager.
Receives direction from Architects and Engineers of Record.
Works collaboratively with colleagues.
- Develops and documents solutions related to institution's ongoing remodeling needs.
- Produces construction documents for projects, including architectural, interiors, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
- Other documents produced relate to Committee funded projects, regional projects, and facilities maintenance work.
- Maintains and develops institutional Building and Campus Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) data bases.
- Maintains facilities and institutional facilities data bases.
- Provides and maintains building and campus infrastructure system drawings for maintenance and design.
- Participates in developing and applying facilities standards.
- Serves as a resource or advisor to the institution on facilities issues as requested.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required
- Minimum of a high school diploma and two years of post-secondary technical training in Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) and/or Building Information Modeling (BIM). Or an Associates or Bachelor’s degree program that includes CADD/BIM as part of the curriculum in a related field of architectural, engineering, and/or construction studies.
- Minimum two years of technical training in CADD, computer operating systems, and other computer software applications.
- Minimum five years of experience working in the architectural, engineering, and/or construction fields.
- Requires a basic understanding of Life Safety and Building Codes and Standards.
- Requires ability to adapt codes to specific design conditions and solutions.
- Candidate should have good understanding of building mechanics, a knowledge of building materials, equipment, and construction techniques.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret construction documents, construction details, and specifications for commercial and institutional type buildings and have an understanding of building Architecture and Infrastructure Systems.
- Good oral and written communications skills and an ability to establish and meet deadlines.