Data Center Operations Administrator
311 S.WACKER DR. Chicago, IL 60606
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for Data Center Operations Administrator professionals in Chicago, IL!
Voca connects professionals in Finance with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The scope of this position is to support client's new data center location in Chicago.
- The Data Center Technician will report to the Manager of Data Center Operations and has responsibility for ensuring effective installation as well as maintenance and troubleshooting of production equipment for maximum uptime.
- The candidate should have at least 1-2 years working in data center, and should be very familiar with data center operation procedures and work environments.
- The Data Center Operations team responsibilities range from entry level to high level network support.
- It is critical that the candidate have potential and drive to grow their technical expertise and advance within the group over time.
- The Data Center Operations team is a driven, passionate, high energy and highly motivated group with diverse skill sets.
- The team is committed to providing excellent internal and external support for customer equipment in the production client Data Centers.
- The work environment is fast paced and employees are expected to take on tasks independently. New ideas and improvement to existing processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and productivity are encouraged.
- The candidate will be part of a support team responsible for basic hardware issues pertaining to enterprise servers, network switch and firewall gear as well as copper and fiber cabling.
- Commitment to excellence, attention to detail and organizational skills are critical components for this job.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changing situations will be required.
- Candidate needs to understand and be able to solve a wide array of problems with all types of data center hardware and software on the fly, or in an emergency.
- Install servers and network equipment into cabinets and racks
- CAT6, single-mode, and multi-mode fiber cabling installations and support
- Troubleshoot layer 1, 2, and 3 LAN connections using Fluke testing equipment
- Assigning IP’s from IP database tool
- Configure and troubleshoot basic network switch ports for new hosts using Cisco IOS and Nexus platforms
- Break/Fix hardware maintenance on mission critical systems (BIOS updates, hard drives, memory, RAID controller)
- Cabinet power load and consumption measurements
• Inventory control for servers, components and cables using DCIM software
- Use of an automated ticket system to organize work requests
- Planning and coordination of equipment migrations and new equipment installations
- Develop detailed documentation of operations, best practices, and procedures
- Proactively and independently work on projects as needed
- 24 x 7 technical support for the data center
- Receive and ship inventory as required
- Must have one of the following professional IT certifications: ICND1 or 2, CCNA Data Center, RHCSA, MCSE or working equivalent
- Must have 1-2 years of working experience in data center facilities and infrastructure including power, cabling, and rack management design
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Working knowledge of networking, server and cable hardware
- Experienced with customer interaction and relations
- Experienced with vendor relations on a professional level
- Cover weekend testing events as needed
- Very organized and detail oriented, with high degree of accuracy and follow-up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (MS Office experience)
- Self-motivated, reliable team player
- Preferred knowledge of financial trading systems is a plus
- May require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work