2450 Riverside Ave., UMP - University of Minnesota Medical Center Minneapolis, MN 55454
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Cook in Minneapolis, MN! Interested candidates should forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This position is responsible for preparing food items as assigned using standardized recipes to meet established standards of high quality.
- This is a position where you will be able to acquire experience and knowledge in a fast paced team environment where customer service and food service skills are appreciated.
- staff directly influences the patient, guest, and staff experience by preparing and serving the food that sustains everyone through their healing or their work.
- There is great opportunity to engage directly with patients and/or staff, and an opportunity to work together on a team of engaged employees.
- There are day, evening and night shifts available where there are casual positions with no guaranteed hours all the way up to full time hours.
About This Position:
- The position reports to multiple supervisors and two department managers. (May also report to other department supervisors, as well as operations manager and general manager)
- Approximately 100 employees in the Department
- Approximately 15-20 cooks in the Department
- Benefits included for positions with 48 hours per pay period or above.
- In a single day there are between 900-1100 meals served in the cafeteria
- In a single day there are roughly 600 meals send through the POD line
- In a single day there are roughly 500 meals delivered through room service
- Prepares food products to meet temperature and quality standards.
- Follows standardized recipes weighing and measuring ingredients to assure products are consistent in quality and nutritional value.
- Assemble food within appropriate time frames.
- Handle and prepare food in safe manner following HACCP standardized operating procedures
- Takes and documents temperatures of food items and makes appropriate adjustments to achieve standards.
- Sanitizes equipment and work area per assigned schedules and designated procedure.
- Takes responsibility for self and others in work area.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
- One to three years cook experience
- High School diploma / G.E.D
- Per Diem - will have 24 hours notice to report to work
Voca | Manager of Healthcare Recruiting
t 507-288-5260 d 347-293-2560