Clinical Lab Tech
180 East Broad Street Columbus, Ohio 43215
Voca Health has immediate openings available for a Clinical Lab Tech professional in Columbus, OH! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Jon at email@example.com
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Processing samples, shipping and handling of samples, responsible for the integrity of the specimen and processing the specimen from the hospital and sending it off to Clinic.
- Responsible for administrative duties, such as answering phone calls to the lab.
- Will essentially be the only representation of our Client's Clinic onsite.
- responsible to and receives direction from the management team.
- Works cooperatively with all on-site laboratory staff, Medical Laboratory (MML) employees, the laboratory's external and internal clients, students and visitors.
- Responsible for biological (e.g. blood and urine) specimen receipt, verification, handling and processing. The position is also responsible for facilitating the workflow by performing a variety of clerical, processing, and housekeeping duties that include inventory, filing, stocking, receiving shipments, cleaning, and rotating and maintaining inventory.
- Some lifting is required.
- The position requires a mature individual who is able to maintain confidentiality of all results and patient information and exercising proper precaution to avoid potential exposure to infectious/hazardous material.
- May be required to clean specimen spills when necessary.
- Is expected to provide direction to other remotely based processor employees and contracted employees.
- Associate's degree in chemistry or human biological science.
- Must be capable of producing accurate results under time constraints, multi-tasking, and performing in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Must possess good communication skills and be able to work closely with others.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, on-call, and weekend work assignments.
- Experience with operation and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and assay systems is desirable.
- M-F 11:30 am- 7:30 pm