Certified Surgical Technologist
1925 Woodwinds Drive, WW Woodbury, MN 55125
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Certified Surgical Technologist professionals in Woodbury, MN! If you are interested please email Hunter Rommes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (404)585-5196!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Review case cart to ensure necessary equipment is available for case.
- Scrub-in to sterile field and set-up instrumentation for case.
- Assists the surgeon by passing instruments during procedure.
- Assists with OR room turnover between cases.
- Gathers OR equipment and positioning devices as needed, cleans and returns to storage locations.
- Counts instruments at the completion to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Ensures specimens are correctly identified prior to sending to laboratory for testing.
- Verifies medications are accurately measured and labeled. Knowledge: Instrument Knowledge - Knowledgeable of individual surgical instruments, instrument sets and product supplies by proper name and there use. Aseptic Technique - Knowledgeable regarding the principles of aseptic technique and application of principles in the surgical setting Reports To: MANAGER CLINICAL-424 Direction of Others: None.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Inspection: Critical appraisal skills including examination, measurement, and testing of quality and condition of equipment, materials, or services.
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Safety Testing and Practices: Knowledge and application of safety practices, fire and disaster policies and procedures; safety testing, performance verification, and operations procedures for various types of equipment.
- Requires prior operating room experience. Education Essential: Trade or Vocational Certification Trade or vocational certification in Surgical Technology required.
- Credentials Essential: Description: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Qualification Source: American Heart Association
- Description: Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Qualification Source: National Board of Surgical Tech and Surgical Assisting Credential
- Comments: *Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) or grandfathered experience prior to certification requirement (2006).
- 8 AM - 5 PM Monday - Friday
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work